Insulin Resistance and 100+ lbs to lose

Options
I started my 100+ lb weight loss on 12/30/2016 which was three days after being released from the hospital. In the last 8 weeks, I have averaged 3.2 lbs / week loss, but it is slowing down more to between 1 and 2 lbs a week. I am 5'4", and started at 268 lbs but I am now down to 242. I have logged 57 days in a row. I set myself for 2 lbs/ week weight loss at sedentary lifestyle. I am 54 retired, and live a sedentary life, not by choice. But, with my 26 lb weight loss I already see myself moving better. My hip and knee pain are gradually subsiding. I do put in my 150 minutes of exercise per week. I do not log my exercise and I do not eat my extra exercise calories, but I also allow myself to exceed daily calorie limit of 1220 by 100 to 200 calories should I find myself hungry at the end of a day. That happens maybe once or twice a week. Being pre-diabetic and having liver issues, I need to keep my sugar and carbohydrate intake under very close control. I am trying very hard to avoid going on diabetic medication, and I have until May to prove to my doctor that I can do it. Before, I ate horribly consuming many diet drinks with artificial sweeteners and empty simple carbohydrates. Just after Christmas I was hospitalized for three days, and was diagnosed with fatty liver. That was the wake up call I needed, and I have changed my life. This has been a very big adjustment for me, and I am learning as I go. Anyone else fighting insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome. My doctor gave me just 2% chance of success. Looking to give and receive support from others in similar situation.

Replies

• abundantlyme
    abundantlyme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Jo, I understand how you're feeling - I am also insulin resistant and trying to reverse it before it gets worse. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Thicigetsfit
    Thicigetsfit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm insulin resistant and I have pcos as well ... such a hard work to fight against these two things!