Why do I always want milk? argh

Options
I would probably drink 1.5L a day if I could! Everytime I go into the kitchen I am tempted. So much for not drinking my calories!!! I guess its a food and drink.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Pregnant? Or a vitamin deficiency? I know there is a lot of women who crave ice chips when they are low in iron.
  • healthypelican
    healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Pregnant? Or a vitamin deficiency? I know there is a lot of women who crave ice chips when they are low in iron.

Definitely not pregnant. I should mention, I get skim milk so its probably watered down.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Food cravings usually come from trying to restrict that food.
  • healthypelican
    Options

So I should just drink all the milk? I already drink a lot of milk. Drink 800mls some days!
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Eh, if it fits in your calorie target, chug-a-lug I say!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I love milk too. I drink about 1.5 cups per day but I really could drink so much more. And I despise skim, the more fat the tastier.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

So I should just drink all the milk? I already drink a lot of milk. Drink 800mls some days!

You could drink some of the milk :p 500 ml/day? Prelog and see how it will fit.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Figure out how much milk you can drink and fit in your macros and drink that. It may not be as much as you want, but it's something.

I eat a lot of milk products, but I can't say that I drink too much actual milk. Maybe a cup or so a day, since I only get 1/2 gallon delivered to me every week, and I have to make it last! That said, I do eat cheese, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, heavy cream, ice cream, and whey protein every day, so I consume a lot of milk overall.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I crave milk when I'm dehydrated. Do you drink water during the day? I find when I'm not dehydrated I don't crave it as much.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm a dairy fiend, i drink close to 1L of milk a day most days, between my cups of tea/coffee and my desserts (chia pudding, chocolate pudding, smoothies).
    I drink full cream milk, it tastes better and goes further so you don't need to add as much as the watery skim yuckness.

I've cut down on the calories by making a jug in the morning of a mix of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and regular milk and use that in my concoctions throughout the day.

I also eat my fair share of yogurt and cottage cheese.
  • healthypelican
    Options
    I'm a dairy fiend, i drink close to 1L of milk a day most days, between my cups of tea/coffee and my desserts (chia pudding, chocolate pudding, smoothies).
    I drink full cream milk, it tastes better and goes further so you don't need to add as much as the watery skim yuckness.

I've cut down on the calories by making a jug in the morning of a mix of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and regular milk and use that in my concoctions throughout the day.

I also eat my fair share of yogurt and cottage cheese.

We switched from green top to light blue top, so it still tastes kinda creamy. The milk mixture you make with vanilla almond milk sounds nice.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Did you drink as much when it had a higher fat content?
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Part of it is probably your body craving the sugar. Personally I drink quite a bit of it. (Average around 3 gallons a week.) It is better for you than soda or real sugary drinks, it does have protein, but if you are trying to watch you calories then water might be better. I know for me the calories add up, and honestly milk does not tend to fill me up for long, but if it is the worst thing you drink then it is hard to say you are doing that bad. But that is a personal call.
  • healthypelican
    Options
    Did you drink as much when it had a higher fat content?

I don't know. I don't drink full fat milk because it makes me feel sick (or it did when I was a child)
  • katebowen37
    katebowen37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I craved it like crazy... turned out I was vitamin D deficient. Maybe consider that??
  • Zivvada
    Zivvada Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have heard that the Multivitamin Vitamin B complex and Tonalin CLA Safflower Oil 2000mg (78-84% conjugated Linoleric Acid) 2 in AM and 1 in the afternoon, help with weight loss. Anyone have any information about this???? :)