Calisthenics and cardio everyday good or bad?

Options
Hi everyone, I'm trying to lose weight but usually I keep maintaining my unhealthy weight and it's a pain in the butt. I got a question about exercising. Is it healthy to do cardio after Calisthenics everyday or every other day? I'm trying to be on a healthy diet and exercise daily to lose the weight I'm maintaining. I'm 176 and 5'5. If anyone could give me some advice, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• Sarah_Shapes_Up
    Sarah_Shapes_Up Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The answer you probably don't want to hear is that it depends. It depends on how intense and long your calisthenics sessions are. It depends on how long and intense cardio is. It depends on how much your eating. It depends on if you're feeling burnt out. Do what feels good, and do what you can maintain for the rest of your life.

Currently for me, I'm weight lifting 5-6 times a week, and sprinkling in 90 min of MISS cardio per week (usually 15-30 min 3-5 days a week). I don't feel burnt out, my body feels good, and I'm seeing progress. I can maintain something like this for the rest of my life, so I'm cool with it.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit. Set a goal of 1 pound per week. Weigh your food and log everything. Exercise is beneficial because it increases your NEAT, but you don't need exercise to lose weight.
  • neeneileen
    neeneileen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The answer you probably don't want to hear is that it depends. It depends on how intense and long your calisthenics sessions are. It depends on how long and intense cardio is. It depends on how much your eating. It depends on if you're feeling burnt out. Do what feels good, and do what you can maintain for the rest of your life.

Currently for me, I'm weight lifting 5-6 times a week, and sprinkling in 90 min of MISS cardio per week (usually 15-30 min 3-5 days a week). I don't feel burnt out, my body feels good, and I'm seeing progress. I can maintain something like this for the rest of my life, so I'm cool with it.

That's a great answer to me :-) thank you for the advice I really appreciate it!!