Fit Bit

Options
CurvyPrincess66
CurvyPrincess66 Posts: 84 Member
edited February 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
So I am looking into getting a fit bit as soon as my taxes hit. I'm looking at the flex2 and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have one and how they like it... I also checked out the charge2 I like to go on hikes in the summer and would love something that tracks where I have been. there are a lot of options I am having a hard time deciding.

Replies

• Sonrhiza
    Sonrhiza Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same situation, I really like the flex2, because it seems like if it's the only fitness wristband that is actually swimming resistant. that's a plus!
  • leannehathaway1
    leannehathaway1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a flex 2 and love it. I didn't know a ton about all of the other models but chose it because it was waterproof. I find it slightly addictive and it def keeps me motivated. Turns out I was burning much fewer calories during my workouts than MFP or my treadmill were predicting. It makes me work harder and love that I have something in writing (on my phone) to tell me what I have left to meet my goal for the day or week.
  • emmarrgh
    emmarrgh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    For me, when I hike/take long walks, I usually have my phone with me (mostly for pics of the view but I have tracking apps) so I didn't look for GPS tracking, and I'm not too fussed about knowing my heart rate, so I went with a $15 fitbit knockoff from Amazon (I call it a FatBit) lol. It's called the i5 Plus.

I felt good knowing it wasn't burning through my budget, and if I REALLY love fitness tracking and want to 'upgrade' to a FitBit with more features, I won't feel bad about the $15 I spent on this one. I like the idea of a fully waterproof tracker, mine is fine with splashes and doing dishes, but I worry about it getting dunked even giving my son a bath, and I'd never swim with it - though I love swimming in lakes/beaches in the summer.

So really it's about your lifestyle - not the one you can see yourself having IF you buy this gadget, but the one you actually have now. I am neither swimming OR hiking much with an 18 month old in tow, so my bog-standard cheapie is fine.
  • CurvyPrincess66
    CurvyPrincess66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got thr charge2 I have had it 3 days now and i love it! i already went on a hike with it! you can all add me lovebug6608@gmail.com is my fitbit email