Has anyone had a tummy tuck after weight loss?

Options
So i started a savings account for a tummy tuck. I have already lost 30 pound's. I have about 42 pounds to go. My stomach was already very loose after 4 pregnancies and being over weight. It has always been my biggest insecurity. I have to wear high waist underwear to hide it. I feel this will be a gift to myself once i get all the weight off. Has anyone had this and what was your experience?

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    i hope to get one being nearly 300 lbs and goal is 175 i know i will have a loose tummy 61lbs down and its already getting loose. I will be applying for local hospital financial assistance b/c i know its gonna be a pretty penny :#
  • kimberlytatgenhorst
    Options
    I like your idea of a savings account. Would be a good idea .
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I actually started one, the other day. I have direct deposit to it every two weeks... so hopefully, it won't take TOO long to get the funds together....
  • rmtanner
    rmtanner Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Loose skin is a concern of mine, if it happens I'll take care of it, but I won't not lose weight from fear of it
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to have some loose skin when I'm done, but my goal is still pretty far off. I'm thinking fairly seriously about a tummy tuck.
  • KourageousKarina
    KourageousKarina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm considering it also. Savings account for it is not a bad idea.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the cost. I know it's different depending on where you live, but does anyone know or have a sense of the expense?
  • whirlyruns
    whirlyruns Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the cost. I know it's different depending on where you live, but does anyone know or have a sense of the expense?

My husband was quoted about $10k two years ago. I live in central US.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get one after I lose all the weight. Maybe a lower body lift if I need it. Maybe a breast lift if I need it.... I feel too young to look super saggy.
  • Trinan71
    Trinan71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have allot of loose hanging skin on my lower stomach. Definitely planning a full tummy tuck. Idk if anyone is in Fl. Orlando area but I've been researching surgeons there & found a list of Orlando surgeons that are very highly rated & legit 100% & charging $2,000- $4,000 for full tummy tuck not the mini. I was shocked bcuz b4 that everything I found was $8,000- $12,000. It would be worth it even if u don't live in Fl. To Fly out 4 the surgery & stay in a hotel until u can fly back home to save that much money. Hopefully this helps. Good luck to everyone. & it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one with extra ugly skin that just hangs. Mine is so awful & ugly it's taken a huge toll on my confidence & I don't like to look at my body bcuz it's so ugly. Gets me very depressed, especially bcuz my face is very beautiful & my body gets looking great. But soon as the shirt comes off it's kinda scary looking . I haven't gone to a pool or beach on over 4 years bcuz of it. Ughh

Who are these surgeons? I will be living in the Tampa area soon.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Trinan71 wrote: »
    I have allot of loose hanging skin on my lower stomach. Definitely planning a full tummy tuck. Idk if anyone is in Fl. Orlando area but I've been researching surgeons there & found a list of Orlando surgeons that are very highly rated & legit 100% & charging $2,000- $4,000 for full tummy tuck not the mini.

Who are these surgeons? I will be living in the Tampa area soon.

For real! I would gladly make a little vacation trip to FL for that kind of savings!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!