Can't eat enough

Options
Hi, have been using MFP for about a month now and it has really helped me but when I add my workouts (P90X and various other cardio like biking/hiking etc) I always come in way under my target calories at the end of the day and I eat as much as I can. I use a heart rate monitor and always input conservative burned calorie numbers. Now I can easily use those extra calories up with a Big Mac and fries but that's not going to help anybody. I simply cannot eat that much "healthy" food in a day. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance...

Replies

• FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    bump....I'm in the same boat! I've been stuck at the weight I am at and I'm wondering if it's because I'm not consuming enough? But then I feel maybe it's because I'm eating more calories due to all the calories I burn. Never thought losing weight would be this confusing, lol! :)
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    Maybe you could add things like nuts (Planters makes a great Energy Mix that is about 250 calories and is a great snack), avocados (good fat but high calories), cheese (choose the low fat options but it will still be high in calories), use Olive Oil to cook things (good fat but also has high calories)....things like that.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Nuts, seeds, dehydrated fruit, nut butters as snacks, add olive oil to soups and sauces. Add avocado to salads and sandwiches. Have a glass of juice in place of a glass of water. Stop eating diet or lite food and opt for the real thing. Eat/drink higher MF% milk products (switch from skim milk to 2%, eat full fat yogurt)
  • Scott156
    Scott156 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Nuts! No really, like almonds & cashews. Try added them to your diet.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Mackerel and avocado. Maybe not together. Or, yes, maybe together! lol
  • Jessicazg
    Jessicazg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problems as you scot, I eat healthy and I exercise and I always find myself under my calories. I know that @ end of the day there is no way I could eat anymore and is very frustrating, that's why I decided to see a nutritionist and she recommended I have protein every meal and also make sure I do 2 snacks a day.

I just saw her 2 days ago so I hope it helps......Good Luck!