Gained weight feel horrible.

Options
I've been over eating about a month from now and even though the scale only went up 5 pounds, I feel disgusting. I feel like all of my progress is lost. My face feels chubby again, my thighs and ND stomach feel bloated. This sucks. I am so ready to start losing again and getting my motivation/confidence back. I learned that one cheat day can turn in to weeks for me. I dont know what happened but I lost control and started to give in to any craving I had even though knew the consequences. My clothes started to feel loose for the first time in years and I felt great but now I have to squeeze into them again. It's crazy how just a few weeks can affect your body. I don't want to feel this way anymore!

Replies

• hilhilbean
    hilhilbean Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    On the plus side...it's been a month. Not six months. You got this! :)
  • Molly_234
    Molly_234 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    hilhilbean wrote: »
    On the plus side...it's been a month. Not six months. You got this! :)

That's very true. And theres still a few months until summer !
  • coverly70
    coverly70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I've actually gained 10 pounds within 2 months. One of my goals was to give up smoking cigarettes I've accomplished that. I've been a non smoker for 2 months now and I started eating a lot to try to manage the cravings and now I'm 10 pounds heavier. Well my second goal is to loose this weight. I'm new here so I'm trying to adapt to the forums. I wish you all the best. :)
  • haydiz70
    haydiz70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm a full-time college student, a mom, and a new grandmother. School is stressful and I've spread myself thin in every other area of my life. So, I began caving into those cravings for quick pick-me-ups, like candy, chips, and pop. It sure didn't take long to gain weight and body fat. Luckily, like you it's only been a few weeks, and a few pounds, so we can both turn this ship around fairly quickly. I remember when I lost my first 5 pounds when I was way heavier. I felt great. It doesn't take that much weight loss to notice clothes fitting better and not feeling so bloated. Don't beat yourself up. Today is a new day!
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    coverly70 wrote: »
    I know the feeling. I've actually gained 10 pounds within 2 months. One of my goals was to give up smoking cigarettes I've accomplished that. I've been a non smoker for 2 months now and I started eating a lot to try to manage the cravings and now I'm 10 pounds heavier. Well my second goal is to loose this weight. I'm new here so I'm trying to adapt to the forums. I wish you all the best. :)

Good luck and that is great you quit smoking. Congratulations!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So tomorrow you eat at maintenance and then tweak your cals down from there?