90 lbs to lose

Options
Malia1992
Malia1992 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2017 in Getting Started
First time getting a gym membership! Tryna look great in my birthday suit by December, I hope that's achievable. I need some variety in my meals though... I eat Oatmeal & fruit in the morning, A ham Sandwhich with Romaine Lettuce & celery for Lunch & for dinner I'll eat whatever my family cooks with no rice just those already made toss salads in the bag and I snack on granola bars or nuts through out the day. I need more meal ideas...on a budget type though.

Replies

• ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Good luck. 90 lbs is doable by a little ambitious, work hard and you will make it...
  • Malia1992
    Malia1992 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • roly012017
    roly012017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck.. another newbie here x
  • ramonramirez1975
    ramonramirez1975 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Do you cook? Or do you eat out? I personally don't have time to cook so I'm always on the go. My wife cooks, but mostly Mexican food which is packed with carbs.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Hearty soups can often fit on a budget and fill you up. Something like split pea and barley, for example. And unless there's a medical reason to cut back on them, nothing wrong with carbs so long as you're in a caloric deficit.

Nuts are high protein, but they're also high calorie. I tend to use them more as garnishes on a salad or stir-fry, rather than snacking out of hand.

I'm vegetarian; I've been making a lot of chilis lately. Those are pretty easy on the pocketbook, too. Pair them with rice or cornbread and you're good. Or, if the chili already has something starchy in it (the one I'm having tonight involves corn and butternut squash), you may not need a side.

My go-to breakfast is a fat-free Greek yogurt over red seedless grapes (most fruits will work if you're eating it right away. If you're making it ahead, apples, pears, and bananas will discolor and look less appetizing; melons will exude juice and make it a bit more watery) and crumble a granola bar on top.

My go-to lunch is a half-cup of corn with a cold sliced veggie dog, some salad veggies (typically tomato, cucumber, and something from the onion family; either onion or scallion), pickled hot peppers, garlic dill pickle, and a dressing made of 1/4 cup salsa and a tablespoon each of sweet pickle relish and vegan sour cream. I sometimes mix that up with a veggie patty on a roll.

Supper might be a frozen veg meat analogue, like Gardein products. Or a slice of pizza and a salad. Or an omelette. Or the aforementioned chili.

Good luck!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Eggs, oatmeal, Chicken breast for soup... and shop at Aldi for all this and your fruits and vegetables.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're weighing in logging your food so you have an accurate calorie count. You got this, good luck!
  • KayCeeRein
    KayCeeRein Posts: 44 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Look at both budgetbytes and poorgirleatswell! You've got this xo
  • ct150
    ct150 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Track and measure how much food your eating every time! This helps a bunch.
    And don't stop!
  • whosaiditwaseasy
    whosaiditwaseasy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!! Im maintaining a weight loss of over 100lbs, add me if you like...looking for motivation and friends...