Getting ripped without money.

Options
Can someone that doesn't have money gets lean and ripped. When I look at the diet planes it's lots of expensive. I can't afford those food. I eat what's made by my parents whom aren't very rich. It's basically roshi and tuna for breakfast and rice and tuna for lunch and dinner 90% of the time. I have tried to include a cup of milk everyday and it costs half of my pocket money so how can I eat all those vegetables, fruits, chicken, beef, brown rice, nuts, etc So is it possible to lose weight and get ripped with calisthenics without eating all those expensive stuffs.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Look into You Are Your Own Gym and Convict Conditioning
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    so it sounds like you are on a low fat, high protein/complex carb diet. That is pretty ideal, actually.

create a caloric deficit to lose the fat, start exercising to keep the muscle and you will get there. Convict training is pretty good for strength but you probably need to add some cardio as well.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Just eat less, and you lose weight. It costs less money to eat less.

That said, aren't your parents interested in eating well? Aren't they eating fruit, vegetables, dairy, nuts, different grains, meats and fish? Beans, grains, cabbage, potatoes, onions, carrots, apples, oranges, bananas, frozen vegetables, peanuts, eggs, oil - all these are cheap foods. You still have to pay for food, why not eat some of this, some of that?
  • jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You should try a body weight video workout program. Most of them are streamable online for free so there is 0 cost and you can definitely get ripped doing them. Look up Insanity, Insanity Max 30 or even P90X (you need some minor equipment like an exercise band for this but you could get it cheap). You can find the workout schedules and videos on line and these are super effective programs.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options

That said, aren't your parents interested in eating well? Aren't they eating fruit, vegetables, dairy, nuts, different grains, meats and fish? Beans, grains, cabbage, potatoes, onions, carrots, apples, oranges, bananas, frozen vegetables, peanuts, eggs, oil - all these are cheap foods. You still have to pay for food, why not eat some of this, some of that?

He said he is eating what his parents cook. Cheap is relative - if a cup of milk is half your day's pocket money, then those foods you mentioned are not very cheap.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hang on. Could you clarify how old you are? It could make a difference to fitness recommendations.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to see if you or your parents may qualify for government subsidy food programs? I know one gives people a monthly food allowance for a month depending on your income (which is verified). This will help you if you qualify buy fruits, veggies, etc especially since you mentioned a cup of milk which is half of your pocket money, or consider letting your parents know since you still live with them about this program.

That said fruit and veggies don't have to be super expensive I often shop around for deals and buy them if you have an Aldi nearby consider shopping there. Also consider shopping by yourself or with your parents when they go shopping and incorporate more fresh food into your diet.
  • Caloriescountingishard1414
    Options
    Hang on. Could you clarify how old you are? It could make a difference to fitness recommendations.

Options

We are not rich. We are middle class in a 3rd world country.
    Options
    jnducharme wrote: »
    You should try a body weight video workout program. Most of them are streamable online for free so there is 0 cost and you can definitely get ripped doing them. Look up Insanity, Insanity Max 30 or even P90X (you need some minor equipment like an exercise band for this but you could get it cheap). You can find the workout schedules and videos on line and these are super effective programs.

I am thinking to start one of those but I feel it won't work without a good diet because people are saying 80% = diet and only 20% = workouts.
    Options
    Have you tried to see if you or your parents may qualify for government subsidy food programs? I know one gives people a monthly food allowance for a month depending on your income (which is verified). This will help you if you qualify buy fruits, veggies, etc especially since you mentioned a cup of milk which is half of your pocket money, or consider letting your parents know since you still live with them about this program.

That said fruit and veggies don't have to be super expensive I often shop around for deals and buy them if you have an Aldi nearby consider shopping there. Also consider shopping by yourself or with your parents when they go shopping and incorporate more fresh food into your diet.

Our government don't do those things.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    Options
    With that in mind, I think that you are probably ALREADY eating a healthy diet. So don't worry about the "80% diet, 20% exercise" saying

Offer to help your parents with cooking. You might be surprised to find out how healthy your diet already is.
  • kommodevaran
    edited March 2017
    Options
    GauchoMark wrote: »

He said he is eating what his parents cook. Cheap is relative - if a cup of milk is half your day's pocket money, then those foods you mentioned are not very cheap.

We don't know how much pocket money he has. He could ask his parents to buy differnt foods. And eating less leads to getting thinner.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    Options
    Er, we have no idea how thin the OP is. It seems likely he is a normal weight, but wants to look more muscular.

• mir1104
    mir1104 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Roshi...let me guess, Maldives?
    If that's the case I think your diet is already pretty good...rice, fish...bluntly said people in 1st world countries come here just to plan to eat that. It's probably a good training program you are missing, look at the suggestions of bodyweight programs people have posted before me. They're good.
    Get over the 80-20 thing, if that was correct with my crappy diet I wouldn't have abs but I do.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    mir1104 wrote: »
    If that's the case I think your diet is already pretty good...rice, fish...bluntly said people in 1st world countries come here just to plan to eat that. It's probably a good training program you are missing, look at the suggestions of bodyweight programs people have posted before me. They're good.
    Get over the 80-20 thing, if that was correct with my crappy diet I wouldn't have abs but I do.

Something about OP s post sounded verrry familiar.....
  • kommodevaran
    Options

More than a little like the guy with football playing, fisherman, and construction worker friends?
  • jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Of course diet helps build muscle (mostly protein) but as long as you aren't over or under eating calorie wise you will gain muscle and look stronger. And it actually sounds like your diet is pretty good! Remember exercise never hurts. you can always do something to increase your results but bottom line is if you exercise you Will get stronger and look it unless you eat way too many calories.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

More than a little like the guy with football playing, fisherman, and construction worker friends?

Bingo!