The lesser of two evils

Had a hunger attack last night and could not go to sleep. I had a love fest with my healthy antioxidant trail mix. I usually mix a 1/4 cup with almond peanut butter before bed. Last night it was not enough, and this morning I decided to calculate and plug what I ate to my log. HA!!! It was not pretty. But I DID sleep well.

I found a positive spin for this though, last nights love fest is better then what I used to do, which would have been to fill an enormous glass with Blue Bell Home Made Vanilla Ice Cream, add milk, add sugar on top of the already rich ice cream, then pulverize the mix into a nice texture that can be spooned onto tortilla chips that have a lime salt seasoning on them.

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    I'm going to try to forget your ice cream & chip idea - that's giving me bad thoughts! Good, but bad.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    I'm trying this, it sounds amazing!!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I'm going to try to forget your ice cream & chip idea - that's giving me bad thoughts! Good, but bad.

^^ This. I never would have dreamed up that combo.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    I thought I was going to get ripped for my post, so when I read the inspiring comments (Especially "Alice Dark's"), I had to do this. I would never have dreamt of being called 'brilliant' for one of my vices....... :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    edited March 2017
    AliceDark wrote: »
    My entire takeaway from this post is that you are brilliant, and ice-cream-with-lime-tortilla-chips needs to be a thing in my life.

Right?!?

Oops, ETA - well done on your nighttime snack and logging it even though you went over.
  • donjtomasco
    The finished mix should be thick enough that the chips would break if trying to scoop (except Frito's Scoop's ALWAYS hold up), which is why a spoon is necessary. I gave up on Frito's when they did away with the real salt that mixed so well with the sugary ice cream (think hot salted popcorn with M&M Chasers)....that was a hard day for me though, I had a memorial service for myself and the Frito's....
  • donjtomasco
    Thanks quicksilver, but technically I can't eat all day today if I am trying to chase down those calories that I ingested last night. No regrets though, yesterday was yesterday....
  • donjtomasco
    French_Peas, I love your logic! I feel better now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Thanks quicksilver, but technically I can't eat all day today if I am trying to chase down those calories that I ingested last night. No regrets though, yesterday was yesterday....

^^That part.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    You are an evil genius.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    This is going to haunt me until I try it.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    ;) A trip to the grocery just became necessary....
  • MsSGriff1
    MsSGriff1 Posts: 9 Member
    My major fat kid in me use to love strawberry ice cream (3 big scoops) and raw chocolate chip cookie dough (one big scoop) topped with Hershey's syrup. 8 to 10 years ago, in my 20s, I could eat whatever I wanted without gaining weight...Ahhh, those were the days.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited March 2017
    I would be more into the trail mix mixed in with almond peanut
    butter! Of course, I'm a sucker for vanilla ice cream on top of peanut butter, so....argghh, now I'm hungry!! :confounded:
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Lol...hilarious...the ice cream and tortilla chip combo does not appeal to me at all, but I def understand the need for MORE. I am not a great moderator. I'm an all or nothing b. Well done on making improvements to your choices! I'm working on this as well!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    OMG Julio's.... the only tortilla chips allowed in our home. Delish!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,147 Member
    I miss tortilla chips in ice cream. I nuked the ice cream and made a warm soup out of it.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Mmmm... Blue Bell... that and Joe T Garcias are the 2 things I miss the most from Texas.
    Congrats on your NSV (even if it did come at a cost from today's calories!)