Options
2»

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Lotsbunney wrote: »
    I've been following Atkins diet for just over a week now, I've tested myself on the ketostix and it testing moderate for ketones but I have had no change in weight loss or inches? I know it's only be just over a week but everywhere I read says people have lost up to 7lbs in the first week? Maybe I'm eating tooo much fat? Is there anyone who can help me with my macros I don't have a clue

Those people weigh 250lbs+. Do you? (Either way it is just water and poop)

actually its water/sodium and glycogen stores.

....and poop
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lotsbunney wrote: »
    I've been following Atkins diet for just over a week now, I've tested myself on the ketostix and it testing moderate for ketones but I have had no change in weight loss or inches? I know it's only be just over a week but everywhere I read says people have lost up to 7lbs in the first week? Maybe I'm eating tooo much fat? Is there anyone who can help me with my macros I don't have a clue

Those people weigh 250lbs+. Do you? (Either way it is just water and poop)

actually its water/sodium and glycogen stores.

....and poop

maybe if someone cant tolerate a lot of fat. but many have claimed keto causes constipation,but then everyone poops so
  • StargazingGirl
    StargazingGirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes, fat should be higher than protein in keto..that was obvious.
  • Pale_Green
    Pale_Green Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • dianak_sea
    dianak_sea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • Lotsbunney
    Lotsbunney Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The keto Stix are just an unneeded expense. Keeping carbs low enough? Under 50? Under 30?
    A ketogenic eating plan is not THE MAGIC PILL for instant, miraculous, astounding weight loss. Like anything else, it does take time. As much time as cico? Probably not, I haven't found that to be the case and I've been eating keto almost 2 years.
    Your may not lose a lot of weight in the beginning and realistically, the first few days to week is water weight.
    Why are your calories so low?
    What do your macros look like?
    The keto Stix are just an unneeded expense. Keeping carbs low enough? Under 50? Under 30?
    A ketogenic eating plan is not THE MAGIC PILL for instant, miraculous, astounding weight loss. Like anything else, it does take time. As much time as cico? Probably not, I haven't found that to be the case and I've been eating keto almost 2 years.
    Your may not lose a lot of weight in the beginning and realistically, the first few days to week is water weight.
    What are your stats? How tall are you, how much do you weigh, what yours goal?

• Lotsbunney
    Lotsbunney Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Ive been trying to follow the atkins diet its says only eat when hungry which makes my calorie intake around 800 - 1000 calories, my carbs are always below 25g im just not sure what my fat and protein should be, i though maybe im eating to much fat hence why im not losing stored fat? i dunno :/ im 5ft 7 and around 215lbs i dont even have a clue what my macros should be?
  • rckc1
    rckc1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, fat should be higher than protein in keto..that was obvious.

I follow OKL macros. My fat grams aren't higher than protein grams.....
  • kerbear135
    kerbear135 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your calories are a bit low? The calculator I use has me eating about 1400 calories per day..I've also heard that if you've stalled loosing weight on LCHF, try eliminating dairy for a bit (cheese, HWC, etc) and see if that gives you a kick start. If it's only been a week, I wouldn't be concerned yet- give it a month and you should start seeing some weight loss. If not, then readjust things a bit.
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's really important to figure out what your daily macros are and gear your eating plan to those macros. r/keto has a really good sidebar link to figure out what those are for you.

Are you logging your food correctly? How much water are you drinking? What is your height, weight and goals? You can't assume that a 7 lb loss for someone else is going to carry over to you. That weight loss is water weight (which is still weight so don't negate it) and typically those who are obese or overweight lose quicker.

Remember protein is a goal, fat is for satiation and carbs need to be low.
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ive been trying to follow the atkins diet its says only eat when hungry which makes my calorie intake around 800 - 1000 calories, my carbs are always below 25g im just not sure what my fat and protein should be, i though maybe im eating to much fat hence why im not losing stored fat? i dunno :/ im 5ft 7 and around 215lbs i dont even have a clue what my macros should be?

Go here https://keto-calculartor.ankerl.com/ and figure out your real macros. This takes into account activity level, age, weight, height and body fat %.

1000 calories is really low and could be causing the stall. With a 30% deficit based on your weight and height you should be eating at least 1300 calories with no less than 92 grams of protein. Eating 1000 calories is a 46% deficit which is HUGE and not sustainable. You will lose muscle and your mind. ;-)

• bshrom11
    bshrom11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think the person who said your calories may be too low hit the nail on the head. So either that or you are not weighing and measuring your food correctly causing you to underestimate how much your actually eating.