Best Pre-workout

Options
Please tell me your fav pre-workouts and why. I was on Rocket Science but I'm not feeling the umph anymore and I'm looking to switch it up.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My favorite was banned a long time ago. :(
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I used to do half a serving of NoXplode and liked it OK. Nowadays it's just a cup of coffee on the way to the gym. I definitely don't feel any umph.
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    i like the thermopure tablets from myprotein for the oomph (though it's a fairly gentle oomph),and then i mix up what ever extras I fancy (CLA, creatine etc)
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I like Nocco as pre workout and recovery drinks cause it tastes good but don't drink to much. It has a lot of caffein
    pwo.jpg

I'm also hooked on Optimum Nutrition: Essential Amino Energy - Blueberry Mojito
    ICaebiPNVIAIiZuj.jpg

I drink that instead of my 1 cup of coffee. 2 spoons in ice cold wate, shake it and it's so refreshing and awesome. And if I don't have Nocco I'll have 3-4 scoops before a workout.
  • shaybee377
    shaybee377 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have Legion Pulse- it's expensive, but I only take half the serving size. I bought it mainly because it has clinical dosages of all the ingredients and a good bit of caffeine.
  • robertsjm24
    robertsjm24 Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I like the MP Assault when I'm taking it. It's a good taste, strong enough to feel it and I don't have any stomach problems with it. I've tried NoXplode a few times and it seems like false advertising, as I always explode...

Edit: You asked "why"
  • fitjp88
    fitjp88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    rwvkgfolv5ks.jpg
    ENGN is my favorite
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I buy ingredients in bulk and make my own: creatine, beta alanine, citrulline malate, taurine and mix it with caffeinated drink mix.

Why? Because it includes well-researched supplements at effective doses.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Espresso and Pixy Stix is my go-to ;)
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Freshly brewed coffee, black. No sugar,no cream.
    Whey protein shake: whey isolate, a banana and some milk
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I usually have a bit of black coffee 30 minutes to an hour before.

REXugvHT9FKrm.gif