Advice welcome:

Options
Hi all!
I'm just now back to consistently tracking and losing one MFP. This is my first time on the community.
I'm still struggling daily with a few elements that I'm afraid will be a problem if I don't work them out.

1. I have to be at work each day by 7 AM. It's a new schedule for me, but it means getting up at 4:45 to workout at the Y. If I wait until the evening too many things start fighting with my time. I'd rather get it in early and have the opportunity to do more in the evening then not get it in at all. However, I'm having a heck of a time getting up that early once the alarm goes off. Any other morning exercisers? If nothing else, don't be afraid to ask me if I made it to the gym "this morning." Accountability is my best friend. I welcome it. Add me if you're one of the blessed few who find great pleasure in spurring others to victory.
2. Especially with the early workout, my morning is rushed and breakfast has become an issue. What quick, go to breakfasts do you guys use that take little to no morning prep (like prep the night before or grab and go). The lower carb the better. I do have microwave and fridge accessibility at work.
3. What are your go to lunches?

Thanks to everyone for their motivation. You all rock.

Replies

• GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Check my message. Hope I can help.
  • Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My current breakfast favorite is refrigerator oatmeal. I also favor nuts or cheese and some fruit. Boiled eggs are also good. I especially like tea eggs, though they are high in salt.

Lunches: chicken, baked sweet potato, homemade salsa, and sour cream -or- a rice, quinoa, black bean, sweet potato casserole thing with chicken, pineapple salsa, and sour cream -or- chicken or shrimp and a box of frozen veggies -or- a wrap stuffed with chicken or turkey, Swiss cheese, salad greens, honey mustard, and mayo.
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    can't help on the getting up because I'm a morning person so getting up (at 4:30 am) isn't a big problem for me. For a good lower carb breakfast I would suggest a breakfast casserole. I make one with turkey sausage, eggs, cheese and whatever veggies I feel like tossing in once a week and it makes 8-9 servings depending on how I cut it. It stores, freezes and heats well and is SO yummy! I found it on pinterest....