Bettering myself and seeking friendship (also getting to know me)

Options
Hi, I'm Desarae. I'm 23 and mother to two beautiful girls, aged 7 and 3. I became a mother very young and have been pretty out of shape ever since. At 16 (right after) having my first daughter, I was hospitalized for what was later determined as "post pardum pre eclampsia". I had a stroke/heart attack combo and upon admission, ran a blood pressure of 201/122. I spiraled into a depression and because the doctors were not too enthusiastic about me making it out (they couldn't figure out the cause. Believed it to be some sort of tumor in my brain) we were planning my funeral. Finally after 3 months, and a D and C later, my blood pressure became stable enough to send me home. The depression never left and I developed a severe anxiety. I'm constantly aware of my breathing, heart beat etc. It's exhausting. The weight kept coming. This past Christmas, a close relative of mine came down to visit me and, as an avid photo taker, captured a few of my not so flattering angles. I was devastated. I couldn't believe how badly I've let something that happened at 16 control my life. I wasn't active for my children. I was not the mother, or person for that matter, that I'd envisioned as a child. I'm head strong and determined to change not only physically, but mentally. I believe they fall hand in hand. I'm currently trying to take control of myself and my weight, and in the process, teach my children better habits and a new life style for them as well.
I'm a very friendly person and am open to making some friends and learning a bit of new things!

My interests include, but are not limited to:
cooking
photography
gardening
painting
video games
music <3
arts and crafts
investigation discovery
anime
piercings
tattoos
laughing
animals
helping everyone I possibly can

Replies

• Baphometta
    Baphometta Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119417-twitter-gets-fitter we have a motivation group for nerds and geeks if you're interested. We start tomorrow :p
  • sazzylouise_123
    sazzylouise_123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bless you. I was a first time mum at 18 and have 2 girls aged 8 and 2. I love all the things you've listed! Add me if you want to chat. Where are you from? xx
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You are stronger than you have given yourself credit for, and you have made it this far. Feel free to add me, I've definitely had my share of struggles, but having control of my body and weight in one aspect really made a difference in my life. I've have fallen off quite a bit and back now after 4 yrs and know I will see changes. This app is amazing. Good luck!
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I cannot even believe how eyeball-meltingly beautiful you ladies are. And you each clearly rule. Add me if you want; I was a mom at 19 and I understand the struggles. Mine's 12 now and I'm here to tell you that it gets easier and better. :)
  • lawofattraction03
    lawofattraction03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I just joined and have been looking to connect with new people as well. I suffer from horrible anxiety and depression which I know most people don't understand. Please feel free to add me, I can't say I'm the most positive but I am trying as hard and honestly as I can. Good luck!
  • netwatcher
    netwatcher Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey there acknowledgment is the first step to everything, eating a healthy diet that you can live with is a good start! I was a die hard carnivore who was repulsed by any plantfood that wasnt an banana. Now i happily eat kale and spinach and carrots and yes still portioned animal products. You're a beautiful person, embrace it. And feel better thru eating betters =)
  • EllenGarcia1990
    EllenGarcia1990 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 26 and also am a mother of 2. Ages 2.5 and 9 months. Imloomimg for friends to be able to support on this weight loss journey and celebrate triumphs!
  • TopCop388
    TopCop388 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anyone, feel free to add me. :-)