Title Boxing Club?

Options
I have been dying to try kickboxing, there is a CKO by my house and they just opened a Title near me as well. CKO was a little out of my price range last I checked so I was wondering if anyone ever tried Title, how it was and range of prices?

Replies

• EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm a member at Title Boxing Club in St. Louis. I've been a member for over 2 years now. I really enjoy the classes, and the different trainers tend to have their own style so each class is a little different. The classes here are structure with 15 minutes warm up (jumping jacks, squats, shadow boxing, etc.), 30 minutes of boxing or kickboxing broken up into 3 minute rounds with 1 minute rest between rounds, and then ends with 15 minutes of core exercises and stretching. During the boxing/kickboxing rounds, the instructor will demonstrate the punch/kick combinations so you know what to do. I think the classes are fun, and they are great stress relief! Since Title is a franchise, it might be different from one gym to another. Maybe look on GroupOn or Living Social for a deal. That is how I got started. You will probably have to buy hand wraps, and they will probably let you borrow gloves for your first class. My gym also has a deal where you can try your first class free. As far as pricing, I pay about $65 a month for my membership. At my gym I think the pricing bounces around based on what deals and promotions they have going on and for how long you commit to sign up (monthly basis, year contract, etc.). I know in January my gym had a couple of specials for new members.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Title is also a major supplier of boxing products, so I would expect a pretty good program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PokernuttAR
    PokernuttAR Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There are many great programs out there, but for me, it depends on the instructor. I've attended the same class at the same gym, taught by different instructors, and it can make a huge difference. Many gyms have a free trial. I would ask to take a couple free classes with different instructors and see how you like it.
  • fitbodinprogress
    fitbodinprogress Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love Title, but agree that the trainers can make or break a class. If you can get a 2 week free pass and go to a few different classes, that's the way to go. Also, don't be shy about asking others before class about which trainers they prefer and why. I prefer more of the boxing style with a focus on footwork, while others I know prefer the more traditional cardio warms up that have squats, lunges and jumping jacks.