Paleo/whole foods/gf/df

Options
Whatever you want to call it, it is my current WOE, including intermittent fasting roughly 20-4.

I have noticed in just over a week, the area under my bust is dramatically flatter. My under bust/upper stomach has gone down a crazy amount. I know this is not likely fat loss, but I am wondering what it could be or have been.

Any thoughts? Just general inflammation? inflamed something? I do have IBS and have noticed a lot less upper abdomen pain that does closely approximate the area that has gone down.

I posted under food, but didn't see many responses. Wondering if anyone else has seen a dramatic change in a certain area by changing their diet. Thanks :)

Replies

• AndyPGonzalez
    AndyPGonzalez Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Generally when starting a paleo or low carb diet the amount you lose in the first week or two is mostly water weight and decreased inflammation. That's why people lose so quickly the first couple weeks on paleo. I've recently started a more strict paleo/whole foods diet last week and it's been losing more slowly because because I eased my way into it without an initial shock.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I agree with the above post, and the IBS adds a whole other dimension to this, but it is not something I have any expertise in so don't want to comment on that. I did want to mention though that there are several IBS groups on here, it may be worth it to join a couple of those to find alot more centralized IBS specific information and support. Just go to the groups tab and search IBS.

~best wishes
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above post, and the IBS adds a whole other dimension to this, but it is not something I have any expertise in so don't want to comment on that. I did want to mention though that there are several IBS groups on here, it may be worth it to join a couple of those to find alot more centralized IBS specific information and support. Just go to the groups tab and search IBS.

~best wishes

Thanks so much! <3
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you're low carbing it you will lose a lot of water in the first week. Can't comment on those specific places you're seeing a difference, but you won't lose more than a pound or two of fat in one week - it's mostly water.
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I started whole 30 on 3/1 and have lost some belly bloat.