Alien in a fat man's body...

Options
Hello. My name is Dan and I'm a 46 year old father of 4 and grandfather of 3. I have not always been overweight, but have reached a point in my life I know I need to do something about it. I just started using myfitnesspal on 7-20-11. I like the way it can help me track everything. I hope to accomplish my goal by this time next year which is to lose 90 lbs.

Replies

• tbeaner79
    tbeaner79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dan! I've been a dabbling around on the site for a few months now but have re-committed to my goals in the past week and have been making a real effort to be more active. The tools on the site are amazing and I also use the app on my Android phone that has a bar scanner so no matter where I am, I can scan a UPC and journal whatever I'm putting in my mouth. Good luck in accomplishing your goals!! Sending skinny vibes your way! :drinker:
  • farmboy60
    farmboy60 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey Dan,

Welcome! I'm sure you'll do great. Just remember no matter what, don't quit. :)
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hi Dan and welcome to MFP! It's an awesome place to be -- lots of friendly people and tons of support. If you make the committment and are honest with yourself, it will work :smile:
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thank you Tbeaner79. I have the app on my phone as well, but have been unable to find the bar code scanner. Sometimes it helps to have a teenager around to figure out these smart phones for us old dummys. LOL
  • Mdbondurant
    Mdbondurant Posts: 104
    Options
    Aliens did a number on me too. Came in and replaced my Rockin Hot Body with something from out of this world..... :|
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! My name is Cherrie..45 yrs old, mom of 4 boys. You can do this! It won't be all easy peasy lemon squeezy...but never give up! Make sure you take your measurements as well. The times that the scale doesn't move, chances are, you are losing inches!!!
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    hi dan, welcome aboard!!! this is an excellent site for tracking ur weight loss progress and networking with ppl that are of the same mind set, to help propel u closer to ur desired goals. i love it! :love: good luck with ur journey! :happy: