How much do you eat for breakfast?

Options
I recently heard someone say:

Eat breakfast like a King
Lunch like a prince
Dinner like a pauper

After I heard this I have been trying to follow that idea and it seems to work for me! :happy:

This morning I had:

1.5 cup multigrain cheerios with almond breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 slice Ezekial 4:3 cinnamon raisin bread
1 fiber one strawberry yogurt

It totaled to about 325 calories and I am still feeling full 2.5hrs later. Plus it was delicious. A few too many carbs probably but...not too bad! :tongue:

What do you guys do? How do you distribute your calories throughout the day? I am curious! :glasses:

Replies

• Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or (2) cups of cereal with milk. That usually holds me until lunchtime.
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do the exact opposite, but I probably shouldn't. :o) I have a Luna bar and coffee for breakfast, lunch is in the student cafeteria at work, and dinner is typically pretty big because I always have like, half of my calories left and I'm always crazy hungry. I wish I had more time in the mornings to cook a real breakfast, but I'll admit - I'm just not willing to get up earlier to make that happen!
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Two boiled eggs is the only thing that keeps me full til lunchtime. Plus two coffees = 200 cals, around 300 for lunch, then the rest throughout the afternoon/night.
  • bostonbound85
    bostonbound85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try that!!! I don't usually eat much at breakfast since I'm usually still half asleep! Thanks for this :)
  • laylalynn
    laylalynn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I try to follow this rule as well. I eat a 300 calorie breakfastbut also eat very light 'lunches' -- basically break my lunch up into 3 snacks -- usually a banana about 11, cantaloupe or pineapple with cottage cheese at 1ish and a yogurt at 3
    sometimes i will be hungry again at 4 so i will have an apple.

I go for a 400ish calorie dinner.
  • jaded762002
    jaded762002 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I work for an oral surgeon who is slim and trim and he lives by this rule. He's 74 and looks younger and is healthier than a lot of our patients. I started this idea in the last week and I stay full all morning.
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Lately I've been having cereal with milk, and one piece of toast with nutella. That's about 400 calories, but it's filling and gets me trough my workout.
  • mlcastillo_2
    Options
    I usually dont wake up hungry, so I'll have oatmeal or yogurt with fruit. I eat like a "king" for lunch- i find it best for me because it holds me until dinner and I have energy before hitting the gym.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    for me one piece of fruit like an apple or orange. maybe a coffee depends, then medium lunch w veggies and a light dinner
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    one cup of milk with protein powder unsweetened......am I missing something lol
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite...I usually eat around 160-250 for breakfast...and save my calories for snacking and dinner. I've always been hungrier around the late evenings and breakfast is not really my thing. :drinker:
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I usually try to spread my calories equally throughout the day, but it doesn't always work.

Today I had 733 calories for breakfast, but felt like I'd not had a lot as this was only a poached egg in breakfast muffin and a protein smoothie. But I ate that much knowing I was going to burn some of it off anyway as I went to boxercise about 2 hours after and am going to another exercise class tonight. It also kept me full until about 2:30pm (baring in mind I had breakfast at about 10-10:30am) and made sure I didn't crash and burn during my exercise session :-)
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've heard that saying too. I always try to eat a good, hearty breakfast. I find that the heartier the breakfast (both a large breakfast and good foods), the less I eat for lunch and even less for dinner.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I eat 200-350 calories for breakfast, 400-500 for lunch, and 300-400 for dinner. My family tends to go out to eat for lunch in the summer a lot, so I really like to have a big meal. :) I prefer to have 700-800 calories for lunch, but that's not always a possibility. When I'm in school, I eat most of my calories at breakfast. I've had breakfasts up to 800 cals before.
  • skibrina
    skibrina Posts: 36
    Options
    i have protien shake and a piece of fruit. keeps me full for a while.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    for me one piece of fruit like an apple or orange. maybe a coffee depends, then medium lunch w veggies and a light dinner

1st meal - under 250
    2nd meal - under 300
    3rd meal - under 300

i eat alot of veggies and lean meat so i'm stuffed. their just so low cal
  • aprileve411
    aprileve411 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Depends on how hungry I am! I tend to eat more carbs in the morning. I love making french toast with egg whites, low cal bread, 1/2 scoop protein powder and sugar-free syrup with a cup of almond milk. If on the go or if not too hungry, I eat a protein shake. I do eat a mid-morning snack so that affects how much I eat too...
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oikos greek yogurt, low sugar granola (Bare Naked, McCabe's, or 18 Rabbits), and fresh berries (oh oh with ground flax on top). It's usually my biggest meal.

I have to eat a meal replacement bar or protein shake because I work out at lunch.

Dinner is usually either protein or veggie heavy (both when I can help it). I'll eat salmon for my protein and I quickly saute veggies and eat them with quinoa for dinner. Super easy to digest in the evenings!
  • infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Old-fashioned oatmeal with 2T ground flax and 1/4 c 2% milk, plus coffee with 2T half & half (my one luxury). Usually about 325 cals using sweetener (Spenda or Truvia) in the oatmeal; more if use sugar.

Lunch is usually my largest meal of the day because I often do not get to eat much again until later in the evening (8 or 9:00), which is too late for a large dinner.