Evening snacking

Options
It's killing me. I do great all day at work, but at home I can't stop eating! I continue to go over on my calories. I need some more motivation. I've done it before. I lost 40 lbs. but I'm older now. (45) I'm working full time now, and I have Fibromyalgia, so exercise isn't the biggest part of my weight loss regimen.
I guess I needed to vent to those in the same boat, or have been. Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    All I can suggest is saving the bulk of your calories for when you get home. So eat low cal stuff for breakfast and lunch. Do egg white omelet for breakfast... and grilled chicken and a salad for lunch... I try to do that..save 600 or 800 calories for the evening. good luck.. you can do it.
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Eat a protein heavy salad at night.

Also, how many calories are you allowing daily and what's your day like?

For instance I put in appx 5-9 miles of walking at work every day. If I'm not eating right for lunch and snacks, I'll kill an entire loaf of bread between 7pm and midnight.

Oh yea!
    43 this year!
    It's the new 20s I'm told!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Save calories for the evening. I love eating dinner at 7:30 and having dessert at 9:00. I pre-log my dessert and work around it during the day.
  • Ronelene
    Ronelene Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Its very tough, you can do it...Indeed.. Please check out Bright Line Eating.. it`s on facebook too.. Changes the way we think, no sugar, flour, etc...Just look into it. The Dr. lady Dr. offers so much support.. That is what motivated me back here... Try sipping hot chamomile tea at night... No sugars... Air dried popcorn. Read up on eating an egg, they are very good for you.. I hard boil eggs at night.. Pop a couple in the morn for fast breakfast. It actually fends off hunger too.. The new findings on eggs, are great! The cholesterol in them is not bad for you, after all.. add chia and flax seeds to meals, adding more fiber, to keep you satisfied longer.... Avocados, great!! I stuff it with Roasted red red pepper hummus.. Hope some of this is helpful. Your not alone, we all struggle, with healthy changes..Keep on, keeping on...:)
  • KMAnderson4026
    KMAnderson4026 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds familiar I am trying to lose 40lbs which I had lost and have recently regained and I do great all day then snack in the evening. I like exercise but with age have joint issues which make it difficult. Just trying to figure it out.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Coffee and sunflower seeds.
  • BeChill73
    BeChill73 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I save some cals for snacking. Usually have (roughly) 200 for breakfast, 200 for lunch, 500 for dinner and 300 for snacks, because I like to eat little and often, including evening snacks.
  • theflatpick
    theflatpick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Man, kind of glad to hear I am not the only one. The evenings are killing me. So I have started saving calories for then, since I am going to eat them anyway. Then I brush my teeth early! Trying to make better decisions about what I eat then, I currently have found the skinny pop popcorn that is 150 calories for three and half cups works pretty good.