Protein shakes

Options
Tell me your best protein shake?

I keep my sugars below 2g and live my berries. I have 2 rules in my house, don't mess with my coffee or protein.

My hubby bought cookies and cream and I almost gagged! After my morning workout I don't want cookies!

What do you like and hate!
Add me if you want a partner!

Replies

• embeers
    embeers Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the brand "pure protein" it can be found at Costco, Amazon & boxed.com
  • natalieterrell12
    natalieterrell12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am huge fan of undenatured whey..
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I like PEScience's snickerdoodle protein power, Pure Protein's chocolate, and Naturade's vanilla nutritional powder.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    6 oz milk, 2 oz peppermint schnapps, 2 tbsp Ovaltine, 2 tbsp unflavored whey. Kahlua or Bailey's are also good in place of the schnapps.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Kale, carrot, celery, cherries, coconut chunks, honey, protein powder.
  • Goom731
    Goom731 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a go-to substitute for shakeology? I just can't bring myself to spend $100 a month!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Goom731 wrote: »
    Anyone have a go-to substitute for shakeology? I just can't bring myself to spend $100 a month!

Food?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    MusclePharm, Quest, BodyFortress, Dymatize, and Designer Whey have been my favorite. I am trying ON extreme chocolate milk and I am not that impressed (second ON product I am not a huge fan of).
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Isopure Whey Isolate is my go-to. I mix it with coffee and/or chocolate milk. Isopure's Dutch Chocolate is pretty tasty mixed with coffee, too. Core Power is my pre-made choice, but I'm fairly sure it will take you over your sugar goal.
  • jenbeck18
    jenbeck18 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    premier protein and atkins shakes are my favorite.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Myprotein impact whey isolate-chocolate peanut butter flavour.

Optimum Nutrition- all flavours are spot on.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Solgar Whey to go isolate
  • hensue11
    hensue11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just tried Designer whey French Vanilla, and I cant believe it doesn't have much of an after taste....I did add a little bit of icecream though.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Myprotein/gonutrition/TheProteinWorks/bulk powders.

Whoever has the best offer on at time of purchase.

Usually in a plain flavour like strawberry cream or banana.

If I'm feeling fancy I might get a bag of jam roly poly, rhubarb and custard or the like.

Even if you get a bad flavour just add less water and chug it, it's not as if they're being used for a quality gastronomic experience.
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the taste of protein powder and the smell
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Myprotein impact whey isolate smooth chocolate

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I particularly like Syntrax Matrix and Whey Shake products. However, nearly all protein powders are too sweet for me; I add cocoa powder, peanut butter powder, pumpkin puree, etc. to make different combinations and cut the sweetness.

That being said, I'm obsessed with PE Science Amazing Snickerdoodle right now to make protein pancakes.
  • FlufferCat
    FlufferCat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Optimum Whey.I like all the flavors.But salted caramel is probably the best.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    SunWarrior Warrior Blend in Mocha