Traveling

Options
Hey everyone :)

I started counting calories and exercising about two weeks before going on a trip. I'm in Ireland right now and having a hard time counting calories and exercising. I've been getting some great steps in but I can feel my jeans getting tighter. ITS MAKING ME NERVOUS! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep on track while traveling? I want to experience the food here without throwing hard work down the drain

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I would just enjoy my vacation and worry about it when I got home. Such a small amount of time in the grand scheme of things. I also never get vacations so there's that.
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water and try to walk as much as possible. I wouldn't worry too much about the food- i mean, you don't want to come back thinking "i wish I had tried the scotch egg, but I was on a diet." High protein foods (like the aforementioned scotch egg or corned beef), anything in a broth (irish stew), and seafood (you are on an island!) are all great choices. Heavy carbs are definitely ubiquitous and limiting them somewhat will help with overall consumption, but you don't want to skip soda bread altogether!!