I feel like i'm breaking

Options
Jetamu96
Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
Hey everyone
I haven't posted on here in a while but right now I feel like I have to.
I haven't been as active on mfp just because of my busy schedule but i've still been trying to eat healthy.
But then I broke up with my long-term boyfriend, and now I honestly just feel like giving up.
I haven't stopped crying since it happend. It hurts just to breathe.
I was doing the healthy lifestyle mostly for me but also because I wanted him to be proud of me, to be able to show me off. Now I can't even bring myself to get up out of bed, never mind make an effort to better myself.
I gave my all for this man, I would have done anything for him, and he just threw it back in my face.
I don't know what to do with myself. I'm breaking into tears every 5 minutes and I can't concentrate on anything.
I have to see him again because he has to return some of my things, and I know i'm not going to be able to make it through without breaking down at some point.
I've honestly never felt so low.

Replies

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    1. Better to get rid of him sooner rather than being stuck in a relationship with a man who doesn't love you as much as you love him
    2. Best revenge... get HOT AF so keep going.. Make him sorry he let go of you

999d2d7de9460c32db68a8cb3d4b4b42.jpg
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    It won't be easy, but in this case time is your friend. It's normal to grieve, to cry, some days will seem impossible, but as time goes on you'll be able to pick yourself up and put things back together, just take it one day at a time.

As far as your healty life style you should want to do it for you and you only, dont attach it to other people because when they arent there you wont have any internal motivation.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Give your all for YOU. YOU deserve to be happy and healthy. YOU are worth it. External validation or motivation can fade, but pride in yourself will multiply.

It's perfectly ok and normal to grieve the end of a relationship. Sometimes in the past I have set a time limit for my own moping/wallowing. I know it sounds insane but I'd say, OK, you have a week to wallow. Sad songs, movies, junk...and then it's time to get back to it. If you can't, don't be afraid to reach out for professional help if you need it.

So what makes YOU happy? What makes you feel good? Does going for a walk or a run make you feel better? Punching things? Find something productive that makes you happy!
    The best revenge really IS living well. I hope that you soon find yourself living well and moving on from whats-his-name.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Take your time, deal with your grief. Cry, allow yourself time to not want to get up in the morning, and acknowledge that this pain is part of being human. it's hard to love so hard and lose it. but then, one day, you'll wake up and it won't hurt so much. from that point on, you get up, and get yourself going. take care of you FOR you, because you're worth it.
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I know it hurts. Someone once told me it takes 2 times the length of the relationship to really stop hurting. I feel your pain, I've been there. You have to want to be healthy for you. Like the earlier post, a good body is good revenge...but I believe what gets them more is seeing that you are completely good with who you are and being happy. Best of luck sweetie. <3