Tofu recipes please UK

Options
Hello,
For some reason I fancy tofu, so I purchased Cleanspring organic silken and smooth.
But what can I do with it? Scared that if I make a bad meal it will turn me off it and need the extra protein.

Many thanks
Wendy

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Conversions needed, but this technique is awesome https://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/02/pan-fried-sesame-tofu-with-broccoli/
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Silken and smooth tofu are used for things like faux mayo and sour cream or in silky desserts.

You probably are wanting the firm tofu that you cut into slabs or strips or cubes that you would sauté or bake.

Is that a correct assumption?
  • wendypark811
    wendypark811 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Starters, mauns or snack tofu. The silken sounds interesting then if can use for desserts gettung sick of yogurt.
  • mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Silken & Smooth tofu is great for smoothies or making a dressing for salads or pasta
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I bet you could get some great answers in the Recipes section of the Boards.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You can't go wrong with tofu just pan frying it in just about any sauce you like. Add vegetables or rice and it's a party.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    check out vegetariantimes.com for recipes. Silken is good in puddings, salad dressings... I have some lasagne fillings that are made up of a mix of silken and firm.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    With silken tofu, I'd recommend making chocolate mousse. Basically, you blend tofu, melted chocolate, and whatever other flavorings you want, then let it firm up a little in the fridge. http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-chocolate-mousse-478665