Trying this... yet again! Need friends!

Options
Hey there!

I've been a member of MFP for a few years, but have rarely used it. I'm a healthy weight (although at the point where my jeans are tighter, so wouldn't mind them fitting better again) - but I really need to exercise! The problem is, I have very little desire to exercise! I have asthma, so it's really important for my lung health to exercise... but cardio especially is tough. I just finished an African dance workout as I type this, and my lungs feel like they are going to burst!

Anyways, I'd love some motivational friends as I try to get more healthy - and any tips would be great!

Replies

• Ron3azy
    Ron3azy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am no expert but am about to add cardio and get my lungs work lol, so I would suggest perhaps the pool if available for part of cardio to ease into it.
  • russell_king
    russell_king Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried lifting weights? Nothing too heavy, but lifting keeps burning cals hrs after exercising.
  • ErinBoisvert
    ErinBoisvert Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with the weights. I am partial to Kettlebell workouts. You get muscle and cardio...lots of afterburn! You can do 4 minutes to 45 minutes ( though I stick to about 20) It works large muscle groups which burn more calories and will change the shape of your body so you can rock those jeans again!