How much do you eat for breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i usually eat between 250-350 calories for breakfast, but what I am eating keeps me full for hours. I usually make something that includes eggs or peanut butter, both of which are so filling!

I make a breakfast sandwich sometimes: whole wheat english muffin, 1 egg over easy, slice of low fat cheese, and sometimes 1 slice turkey bacon.

Sometimes I just make an omelet: 2 eggs whisked with some water, a tablespoon or so of cheese, ham, or maybe veggies.

Another quick option: whole wheat english muffin with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.

Also: coffee:bigsmile:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Also keep in mind that I am a strict 1200 calorie eater, I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day...so 325 with high carbs is pretty kingly for breakfast! :wink: Especially when I used to just grab a bowl of cereal and go.

Ah... OK - that makes a lot more sense then! :-) I eat between 1800-2200 calories, so a 'kingly' meal in my book is 800-1000 calories.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    4 eggwhites, 1 thin corn tortilla, 1 sliced tomato.
  • timmy2strikes
    timmy2strikes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a quick bowl of cereal in the mornings. I wish I had more time but I get to work before 7 a.m. and it is usally hard toget up before 6 if I don't have to. I am usually starving by lunch time.
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am learning to eat to hunger. I am never hungry in the mornings. I eat my biggest meal around 3pm. I then have a bit of a meal around 8pm at night! It is working for me. I am losing weight at about 1/2 pound every other day.
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a protein smoothie most days w/ 1.5-2 scoops of protein. This is usually 450 calories or so.

I eat about that many calories for lunch and dinner also.

Snacks throughout the day are 2-3 at around 150-200 calories.

On workout days or very active days I try to plan for larger meals at breakfast and lunch even though I usually get my workouts in the evening. I just don't like eating a heavy dinner anymore, especially after an evening workout.
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    5 eggs whites with mushrooms
    Oatmeal with crunch peanut butter and about a quarter of an apple with cinnamon on it (I cook the apples at the beginning of the week). I like to add this 0 calorie caramel from Walden Farms that I found.
    I drink about 3 cups of water in the morning too.

This is normally between 400 - 425 calories. On my higher calories days (zig zag), I eat 3 egg whites with one whole egg.
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    cup of cereal, 1/2 cup of skim ...usually around 200 cals.

snack mid morning ...

i rather have my calories saved at night so I have something to look forward to, also helps in the event the unexpected invite and/or friend pops by.
  • janiecorona
    janiecorona Posts: 248
    Options
    I usually have a small breakfast and a small dinner, with lunch being the big one. It's good for me because all my meals used to be king meals. Coming from a mexican family, that was a lot of tortillas, chorizo, and beans and rice. Basically a lot of foods high in fat. Now, I either have oatmeal or toast for breakfast. I can't give up my carbs, still eat bread but now it's whole wheat only and I try not to overdo it everyday.
  • Helendec1962
    Options
    ummm may I ask, what idea lol you didn't post any?
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I would like to eat that way (king, prince, pauper), but like many others I do the reverse. It all comes down to time and enjoyment of the meal. I have the least amount of time for breakfast and the most time for dinner....and since I like to enjoy my meals I'd rather have more calories to use when I have more time to eat them.

So I eat 200ish for breakfast, 300-400 for lunch, 500-600 for dinner, and a couple of snacks in between meals.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    The nutritionist at my health food store has the opinion that most adult onset diseases are caused by unstable blood sugar issues over a lifetime. I have no health issues, but decided to take this approach to spacing out meals for my diet

So that being said, I am spreading out my meals and snack as evenly as possible throughout the day. I prefer to start with a high protein warm breakfast as I am usually hungry after my coffee in the morning. Today I started with a low carb tortilla filled with 4 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, tomato, onion, and a table spoon of feta cheese. 257 calories.

Mid morning snack, 100 calorie yogurt.