Belly fat and diet

Options
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread or not.
Please feel free to look at my diary. I only want to loose a few pounds. Would like to get below 8st 10lb.
I try to run 3 times a week (between 15 -20k) and do 30 min strength training with either a kettlebell (between 4 and 6kg) or dumbell (2.5kg) 2 or 3 times a week. If I can't run (no one to watch kids) I will do a kettlebell hiit session usually 45 mins.
I've been running for about a year and half but have only been doing my strength training for about 6 months. Mainly to try and shift my unwanted fat.
My arms and thighs have slimmed down but my belly just won't go.
Any suggestions to further reduce my fat stores will be most appreciated.
Thank you.

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Keep losing weight. You can't spot reduce, you just have to keep losing body fat until the body decides to take it from that area.
  • nikolabird
    nikolabird Posts: 52 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @VintageFeline Thanks. Just feel like I'm doing loads but not getting any results.
    Patience is a virtue though right would just like to see a tiny reduction in my belly to show me my perseverance is paying off.
    Will keep going. It will go eventually
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    It's very likely it is reducing in proportion but feels like it's not because of that proportional loss. It also takes time for the brain to catch up with the mirror.

It takes time but it's worth it in the end!
  • nikolabird
    Options
    It's very likely it is reducing in proportion but feels like it's not because of that proportional loss. It also takes time for the brain to catch up with the mirror.

It takes time but it's worth it in the end!

Thank you. I'm a stubborn cow and I'm determined to get a flatter tum!
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    nikolabird wrote: »
    @VintageFeline Thanks. Just feel like I'm doing loads but not getting any results.
    Patience is a virtue though right would just like to see a tiny reduction in my belly to show me my perseverance is paying off.

Hey girl. Do you take progress photos? I feel the same way about my legs until I see progress pictures. I realize the weight comes off where it wants to and for me, it's in my upper body first. My legs just started showing signs of change and it's been 3 months of consistent dieting (calorie/macro counting) and exercise. I physically don't see a change in my legs at all (although now my pants seem a little looser), but I'm losing inches in my upper body. Take progress pictures and you may see a difference within the first month!
  • nikolabird
    Options
    nikolabird wrote: »

Hey girl. Do you take progress photos? I feel the same way about my legs until I see progress pictures. I realize the weight comes off where it wants to and for me, it's in my upper body first. My legs just started showing signs of change and it's been 3 months of consistent dieting (calorie/macro counting) and exercise. I physically don't see a change in my legs at all (although now my pants seem a little looser), but I'm losing inches in my upper body. Take progress pictures and you may see a difference within the first month!

Lol hey you.
    I've taken some. 2 months apart but not noticed a change yet.
    I guess it's just going to take a bit longer to notice results. Will keep doing what I'm doing and just wait for the changes to occur.
    Thanks for your input. Love hearing about your progress. You often spur me on to motivate myself when I'm flagging.