hiya :) come for a chat and gossip

Options
hello my name is Fi, im 22 and of course i'm trying to lose abit of weight.
i would love to hear different tips and suggestions on weight loss.
already lost 6 kg, hoping to lose another 4 kg to be within a healthy B.M.I for my height.

Replies

• muunkyboy
    muunkyboy Posts: 5
    Options
    HI Fi, me too! I'm trying to get in shape for my wedding. So I'm aiming to eat 5 small meals a day at around 1,500 cals. It's hard, but at work it's also less easy to get access to food. I'm eating a decent breakfast (I vary between a couple of eggs scrambled to a bowl of porridge made with 45 gms oats, 150ml water, a little agave syrup to sweeten) a decent lunch (usually a can of tuna, some mixed cooked beans, but no tom sauce, a couple of peices of fruit and a low fat yoghurt) and then for dinner I usually have a piece of grilled chicken, fish or turkey along with plenty of vegetable but no potatoes (bad potatoes!). In between this my other two meals are snacks of maybe a banana or an apple, and maybe some mixed nuts and seeds. The food diary on here is great for keeping tabs, as long as you don't cheat, lol. For excercise, I cycle into work a couple of times a week (which is 2 x 20 minutes) and I walk my dog for 30 minutes each evening and every other day I go for a 30 minute walk at work. What I have noticed is since I started the cycling, I actually started to gain a little weight, rather than lose it! I was a bit dissapointed with this, but apparently this is because muscle weighs more than fat, so it isn't unusual. I should still notice that I'm toning up a bit though so that helps with the moral. I'm positive you will get there hun! Feel free to add me as a buddy.
  • fufi1988
    fufi1988 Posts: 7
    Options
    hiya Munnkyboy.
    ya im eating a boiled egg, toast and orange juice for breakfast. bran flakes with sultanas for lunch and dinner is usually home made chicken curry, once a week a steak. the usual. im trying to cut down on potatoes but then again i am irish :P. my daily calories intake is around 1500
    i go to the gym 4-5 times a wk, burning around 4000calories a wk. around 600-1000calories a session.
    i noticed weight gain aswell but i i realised i was gaining muscles and actually my waist was losing inches.. so its all good!

so when are you getting married?
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi Fi, welcome and good luck :bigsmile:
  • emmadrama
    emmadrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    hi fufi.
    well done for the weight loss so far.
    I personally find it really hard to cut down on calories so just upped my exercise. I'm not so great at the gym so i do jillian micheals 30 day shred. its gonna take me more than thirty days for sure but it is a damn good work out. my fitness level has gone through the roof.
    food wise i'm a special k red berry kinda girl for breakfast. Some kind of salad be it lettuce 3 bean cous cous etc with fruit and low fat salt and vinegar crisps. (my nemesis) for lunch at work. and then quite a variety of things for dinner. if i'm at home salmon and salad, if i'm at my boyfriends pizza!
    good luck with the next 4kg. am gonna add you if thats okay.