0 calorie Iced Tea ! - home made, of course ! ;) -

Options
Hirundo
Hirundo Posts: 148 Member
Are you tired of water ?

If you make warm tea and get it cold its not very good, it's bitter ...
Try this way to make cold tea:

Choose your favorite kind of flavored green or black tea, can even try some herbal tea !
Fill a large tea ball with tea.
Take a large pitcher of cold water and put your tea in..
Let it sit in the fridge all night ( 6-8 hours)

you can remove the ball and add some lemon,a little honey or anything that would fit with the kind of tea you choose..
It wont be bitter and very nice to drink all day long ...

Enjoy !

Replies

• Rhondast
    Rhondast Posts: 93
    Options
    ha, good idea, but my iced tea is always calorie free,....I've never sweetened it, or used flavored tea. plain lipton tea is great!
  • krueandliz
    krueandliz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks for sharing this. I am going to try it tonight with white tea.
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Try Sun Tea this summer! Just put a few tea bags in a large container w/ a lid. Fill with water. Put in a window sill or on the porch and let the sun brew your tea for you! Perfect in the hot weather the US has been seeing.
  • bikerchick2
    bikerchick2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this method. I'm going to try it tonight. I will probably use decaf green tea with mint and a little stevia. So refreshing during this hot weather.
    By the way, they sell a pricy glass pitcher thats designed to make ice tea this way.... It works kind of like a coffee press. I was wondering if you could do it with a tea ball or just loose tea & strain it before serving. :)
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Same here! On occasion I will add a tsp of sugar, but I love the flavor of Lipton. I'm the person that knows when the tea has been sitting too long (it gets a nasty taste to it) and I will throw it out, or request a new glass if I'm at a restaurant (yes, I know it's bad, but if I'm paying $2 for a glass of tea let's make sure it's fresh or at least close...tea is cheap)

To get mine iced, I brew it in the coffee pot (coffee has never touched that pot, probably never will *lol*), as soon as it's through I swish it around, turn off the pot, and let it sit for a little bit, then dump it over ice.

Of course there are times I want something "different" so I toss in another tea bag to the pot. Right now my tea of choice had 6 lipton bags in the pot, and 1 spearamint in the strainer (I didn't want to only taste the spearamint...and it is a great diurectic. Found out when all I was doing was running to the washroom) Then let my little 12 cup pot of tea run...viola I've got iced tea...