What does a 150lb woman look like??

Options

Replies

• becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Check out this website http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Real women post pictures of themselves and you can search by height and weight to get an idea of the range of "looks" women have at certain weights.
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Im 150 as well.

150 lbs of muscle!! Holy crap, I wish I looked like that at 150 :P
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    go to mybodygallery.com enter your height, weight and body shape it will give you pics of women in their database with the same measurements it's really cool
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I weigh not much over 150 and people say that to me all the time too!

I don't think there's one specific way that a woman looks at 150.

I think that everyone just has their own vision of what 150 lbs. looks like. And when you start to lose weight, people also get jerked out of their comfort zone with how you look and they can't imagine what you actually weigh.

I get told every week by the same vendor at my work that I am skinnier and skinnier every time he sees me. Well...I haven't lost anything in almost 6 weeks (because I took a break for maintenance) so I have NO IDEA what he's talking about!
  • wonrob
    wonrob Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have heavy bones?

I told someone I was 55kg (when I was really 62kg :S ) and she was shocked. Apparently she thought I was ~45kg. Pretty sure I have heavy bones because when I weigh similar to my friends (all similar body size & shape), I'm quite thinner.
  • Green_Eyed_Girl88
    Green_Eyed_Girl88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow! It is Amazing at how different everyone is.. I weigh 150 and am 5'4" and am No where near a size 4. I am barely an 8. My friend who is 5' also is a size 4 and weighs about 125'

I'm 5'5" and weigh 152. I wear a size 4 and people say I look good!! Slim, skinny, tiny, are all terms I've had applied lately. Odd too, since my goal is 135, to physically be at this point at 152 pounds.
  • bethany675
    bethany675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weight about 148, you can see my profile pic.....people just don't understand muscle weight I guess.
  • auntjenny74
    auntjenny74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is me at 150. In my profile pic I am about 158. I am 5'7

http://www.flickr.com/photos/devandavis/1435071997/in/set-72157602138256038/lightbox/
  • ami789
    ami789 Posts: 47
    Options
    You are aware that the scale is your enemy right lol.
    its just a number. Doesnt tell you anything what so ever. Maybe that you ate too much sodium and now retaining water now and then but besides that, go by your pics, measurements, how you feel, how your clothes feel.

I think if I was anything less than 140 I would blow away in the wind;-)
  • angelstar2424
    Options
    I get the same thing when I tell people I weight 200. "No you don't." "Oh yes I do" "No" "Um I think I know what the scale says when I step on it thanks". I guess it all depends on your body composition. Height, muscle etc. My brother is a personal trainer and explained to me that there are also two different kinds of fat. The jiggly really noticeable kind (that happens to be "easier to lose) and the kind that basically wraps itself around muscle and is more "compact" fat. This is the kind that is really hard to lose and also really bad for your heart. I have the second of the two types of fat... Go me! lol SO because my fat is more compact I don't look like I have as much. I used to weigh around 150 in high school and wore a size 7 pant and my family thought I wasn't eating because I looked so thin. Isn't the human body crazy??
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I get the SAME THING. In my case, no one believes I'm just over 200lbs. I guess I "wear it well"? Whatever that means! I'm very athletic and I do my damnest not to let a number on a scale hold me back from living and doing what I want in life!
  • Rhondast
    Rhondast Posts: 93
    Options
    Cool site, thanks. I've decided my goal is 120. I'm at 166 now, and 5 foot tall. I might be a bit less, i was sick yesterday.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm 150 and I look like a sack of potatoes. But I'm only 5'2 and have had four kids.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Wow! It is Amazing at how different everyone is.. I weigh 150 and am 5'4" and am No where near a size 4. I am barely an 8. My friend who is 5' also is a size 4 and weighs about 125'

I'm 5'5" and weigh 152. I wear a size 4 and people say I look good!! Slim, skinny, tiny, are all terms I've had applied lately. Odd too, since my goal is 135, to physically be at this point at 152 pounds.

My waist is a 6, but hips are way too big for a 6. My hips need an 8 and sometimes even a 10. For some reason, they seem to think when you get under a 10, your hips can't be on the wider side. Which is frustrating.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I'm sure you look a helluva lot better at 150!
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    <
    That's me at 150 and a size 8.
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    Whenever I tell anyone my weight, male or female.. they always say the same thing: "You don't LOOK like you weigh 150lbs!" I know they mean it as a compliment, but they all keep saying the same thing... so I'm wondering now...

WHAT DOES 150lbs LOOK LIKE?

Any ladies want to share photos of yourself at 150lbs? Thanks. I'll take some of myself and post them up after the baby wakes up from her nap :)

This is something that I don't understand. Why are so many women so worried about how they look. I've read so many posts on MFP that are all about wanting to look a certain way. What about just being healthy? shouldn't that come before the way a person looks? Anyway, your BMI is 21.5. That's really good.
  • hng2101
    hng2101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh between 147 and 150 in my profile picture. I'm 5'8" and medium-thick built with lots of muscle.

From a young age, for some reason, we're taught that the ideal body weight for a woman is 120. Therefore, regardless of height, when people who keep this assumption see someone they think looks fit/thin they assume they weigh 120 pounds.

I haven't weighed 120 since I was 12. I will NEVER weigh 120 unless I have some kind of a problem. I'm liking the 140s!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I am 145 feel like i weigh 185 ppl always tell me I don't look like I weigh more than 120 but I guess it's bc I have loose skin that i feel so much bigger than what i am. idk.
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Click on my profile and look at my pics - the one of me in my wedding dress I weigh exactly 150 pounds. I'm only 5'2" and I think I looked pretty damn good LOL!!! Wish I would have appreciated it at the time :)