Ladies, favorite nail polish?

Options
JukeboxHeroine
JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
I guess guys can answer this too....

What is your favorite nail polish for your toes or finger when you get a mani/pedi? Do you stick to same color on both, add glitter, gem stones, designs, etc? My friend chooses a different color every time. She has no favorite but it's always fun to see what she has.

Mine are : OPI big apple red for my toes and OPI bubble bath( kind of a pink nude) on my fingers. I generally just have natural fingernails though.

So what's your fav?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My fingers & toes've to, match! I only wear neutral colors, so that they won't clash with; my different clothing/accessories! Otherwise if I wore turquoise nail polish, I'd have to only wear; bluish clothes that week! Copper looks, best on; me & I also love pizzazz so, Revlon use to; make scented nail polish & my, favorite was: "Beachy" (Gold color) for the Summer, "Linen" (Vanilla color) for the Spring, "Lavender Soap" (Lilac color) for the Autumn & "Spun Sugar" (Silver color) for the Winter! I believe that they're currently discontinued, I've the unfortunate luck of loving what; other's don't & thus, I am always; searching for replacements! Most people don't consider, lavender to; be a neutral color though but I, do because it's many, different colors in 1; such as: pink, blue, purple & grey! <3
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I do my own.. I have only had 2 mani/pedi professionally done in my life.. My fingernails are long.

Each time I do my nails and toes they must match in the color I chose for this week. The only time they do not match is when I do french manicures in the spring.

Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat is my secret weapon to making my color last.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    Options

Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat is my secret weapon to making my color last.[/quote]

I'm going to get some of that. I wash my hands so much ( nurse) that my polish only lasts if its gel.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I still haven't found nail polish that won't crack and be ugly in a few hours after I apply it.. seems there's not one that can withstand what I do.

So if you know of a nail polish that will last through my day I'll happily try it. Oh and I once tried acrylic nails and gel nails and that *kitten* was so horrible, I couldn't use my hands and I kept hurting myself cause of them.
  • Jedi1989
    Jedi1989 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is Essie The girls are out, it's a sparkly hot pink. I do like to switch up the colors each time (I do my own). Most of the time it's something blue, red, pink or purple, and sometimes black. Just plain painted, no extras as I just can't seem to get it right.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Too many since I discovered Live Love Polish's website.

og3gd3glap1d.jpg

This look was KBShimmer "One night sand" and my favorite topcoat.

y1l45etgfguq.jpg

Oooooo I like it!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I love OPI Black Cherry Chutney.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    gnizyunn8eak.jpg
    Excuse the obviously fantastic manicure job, but I loveeeeeee this color. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's by Milani, and I swear I was feeling sexual feelings while I was putting it on last night. (It's like a wine/cranberry sort of color. The picture doesn't do it justice). And I use Seche Vite base coat and Sally Hansen top coat. Does that Revlon Top Coat dry fast? That's most of the reason I use the Sally Hansen haha
  • inthegrotto
    inthegrotto Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I second KBShimmer. You cannot go wrong with them.
  • inthegrotto
    inthegrotto Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Although, one of my go-tos is Butter London Trustafarian
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    z81fiycbb6sd.png

Have used Sally Hansen and Essie most of my life. For special occasions - depends on how bankable I need them to be (level of fuss). Lol

Colours: Natural, Nude, Peach, Pinks, Reds, Gold, Glow in the dark ... Autumn colours wash me out :'(

Prefer my nails and toe nails matching.

• BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I used to be really in to nail polish, at one point I had over 500 bottles, I have tried so many different brands, from high end to drug store and indie makers, my favorite brand to this day is still OPI.
  • Altess
    Altess Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I wear polish (usually black or vermillion) on my left pinkie nail in memorial of my friend Sally who passed away from stomach cancer. She was such a strong lady and a great mentor. When ever I look down at my hands,which is mostly when I am down. I see the reminder of Sally telling me "awww you got this, now move it toots!"
    I am currently favoriting my blue ice this month.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I got a manicure that involved dipping my finger tips in a powder. It looked great and lasted for weeks before it started chipping. The downside was that I couldn't get it off cleanly with ordinary polish remover and I wasn't planning another manicure so soon.
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I get gel polish at the salon. It lasts for 3 weeks and looks as good as day one. My favorite is Daisy gel polish #559. Its called Teenage Dream. Looks Barbie Pink.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    I've never had a pro mani/pedi. I keep my toes painted, usually purple or magenta. But my fingers haven't been painted in probably 3 years.
    I'm not so good at girling.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    No particular brand but I always stick to black, maroon, dark green or blue. No glitters please
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    gnizyunn8eak.jpg
    Excuse the obviously fantastic manicure job, but I loveeeeeee this color. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's by Milani, and I swear I was feeling sexual feelings while I was putting it on last night. (It's like a wine/cranberry sort of color. The picture doesn't do it justice). And I use Seche Vite base coat and Sally Hansen top coat. Does that Revlon Top Coat dry fast? That's most of the reason I use the Sally Hansen haha

I'm struggling to paint my fingernails even if I'm ambidextrous. I also love that color