Are there any 70+ people out there?

Options
fduffy42
fduffy42 Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
I have been a member of MFP for several years but never took it very seriously. Now I am ready to make a serious effort to lose weight.

I have been struggling with my weight due to several hospitalizations and rest and recovery last year. My husband and I are starting to walk every day until I get stronger and can do some exercises.

I would love to have someone in my age group to talk to and get some help with motivation. ☺

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    I am 63, but I do know there are a number of over 70's on the boards.

There is a good active 55-65 thread that is very welcoming to the mature poster (I was going to say post menopausal woman, but men may be active on there too. :) )

@Gisel2015 are you active at the moment?

Cheers, h.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm 69 will be 70 in Aug so guess I qualify. Feel free to add me for mutual support. Good luck
  • fduffy42
    Options
    I would love to add you as a friend but I don't know how. Can you help me?
  • lynjoywal
    lynjoywal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just turned 70 last month and I have also been a member of MFP for ages but, like you, I am now serious and weighing everything I eat. Nothing seems to help - I do Aqua Aerobics x 3 times a week. Must be something to do with age - everything else has slowed down so why not weight loss? That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
    Cheers
    lynjoywal
  • fduffy42
    Options
    Yes. The 9 pounds I lost was over a long period of time. I hope it will continue and I am looking forward to spring when I can get outside and walk.

I retired several years ago and I think that has a lot to do with gaining and retaining the weight.

Cheers
    F
  • steveborcherdt
    steveborcherdt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will be 69 in September. I've been here a couple of years. I lost weight getting my food under control and then went 17 weeks without losing. I recently started walking more than just 10K steps. I have been logging steps by actively walking not merely puttering around. I get my HR up. I recently bought an activity tracker to keep track of my HR and steps and so much more. The scale is responding.