Belly fat and diet

Options
Hi,
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread or not.
Please feel free to look at my diary. I only want to loose a few pounds. Would like to get below 8st 10lb.
I try to run 3 times a week (between 15 -20k) and do 30 min strength training with either a kettlebell (between 4 and 6kg) or dumbell (2.5kg) 2 or 3 times a week. If I can't run (no one to watch kids) I will do a kettlebell hiit session usually 45 mins.
I've been running for about a year and half but have only been doing my strength training for about 6 months. Mainly to try and shift my unwanted fat.
My arms and thighs have slimmed down but my belly just won't go.
Any suggestions to further reduce my fat stores will be most appreciated.
Thank you.

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Obvious question: what are you eating? You need to lose fat to lose belly fat.
  • nikolabird
    nikolabird Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    Obvious question: what are you eating? You need to lose fat to lose belly fat.

Hi my diary is open. So please feel free to have a look. Any suggestions gratefully received.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If your belly is primary fat stores as it is for the vast majority of men and many women as well, it's basically a first on/last off kind of a deal. Even when I'm pretty lean and you can barely pinch anything anywhere with calipers, I still carry a little extra fat in my lower belly...I've never gotten lean enough as an adult to make that go away completely.
  • alida1walsh
    alida1walsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I can sympathise with your situation. I'm what you might call skinny fat. I've been teetering between being underweight BMI and low normal BMI.

After 3 kids I now have a belly I can't shake. I also love to run! I was lifting weights until my physiotherapist advised me to stop because of a frozen shoulder. I'm doing resistance exercises instead but it's just not the same. The shoulder is improving though.

I do miss my perfectly flat tummy pre-kids.

I also know how hard it is to fit in work-outs with young kids while juggling work.

I think you're doing a great job and should just keep at what you're doing now.
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I've asked this question and been told that belly fat is the LAST to go.. not a helpful answer, but I'm in the same boat as you!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Its all genetics. The fat will come off differently for everyone. For me my mid section and upper body get pretty thin before I notice any change from my thighs. Just be patient. If you're consistent you will eventually lose all over.
  • nikolabird
    Options
    I can sympathise with your situation. I'm what you might call skinny fat. I've been teetering between being underweight BMI and low normal BMI.

After 3 kids I now have a belly I can't shake. I also love to run! I was lifting weights until my physiotherapist advised me to stop because of a frozen shoulder. I'm doing resistance exercises instead but it's just not the same. The shoulder is improving though.

I do miss my perfectly flat tummy pre-kids.

I also know how hard it is to fit in work-outs with young kids while juggling work.

I think you're doing a great job and should just keep at what you're doing now.

Thank you!
    Will just keep at it lol.
    Here's to losing our mummy tummies.
  • nikolabird
    Options
    ebaroldy wrote: »
    I've asked this question and been told that belly fat is the LAST to go.. not a helpful answer, but I'm in the same boat as you!

Sounds like sheer will and determination is the only thing that will get rid of this gut!!
    Let's get fat burning lol.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Why is the truth not helpful?

I'm one of those lucky folks that doesn't have a larger distribution of fat in my tummy. It's in my butt and thighs instead. We all have our crosses to bear!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

If there was a magic solution or secret that people know, then no one would be fat. The fact is, the fat in the core area of males and females is stubborn and is the last place to go for MOST people.

Not even illegal drugs can target specific areas for fat loss. The only solution is liposuction.