Slowing down...

Options
Hey Ladies... would love to hear from you. Ive lost 48lbs since last June... had grest loss initially, last 2 months has slowed down to about 1 pound per week. Ive done nothing different than in the beginning other than include other types of exercise to keep away boredom.

Does weight loss slow down as you get closer to what is normal for your body?

Replies

• hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Silly question, as you have lost have you reset your goal calories?
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    by the by, is 1lb a week a bad thing?
  • kabwe777
    kabwe777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ive eaten 1100-1500 cals per day. Probably around 1350 most days frim the beginning. No, 1 lb per week is ok (that would bevanother 52lbs by next year this time
  • kabwe777
    Options
    Hmmm. I wondered if that was happening. With summer coming I tend to get more active anyway so I will see if it changes things.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Yes my weight loss is definitely seasonal also. I am more active and tend to lose more late spring and summer and it slows around the Thanksgiving- Christmas holidays and starts being better as the weather improves.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    i think yes, for all my reading on here.. the heavier you are..you lose fast and a lot at first, depending how overweight you are. Then as you get closer to a normal weight it is slower and seems more difficult. Many on here are very happy with a one pound loss a week. Others actually set their loss to .5 pounds and lose the last ten or 15 that way and it takes forever.

Gosh..with it could just be fast..but it isn't.
  • kabwe777
    Options
    I guess I need to keep my main goal in front of me, which is to stay healthy with good bio numbers. The weight will follow good habits.