Not food related but im sure a member can help!

Options
I hurt my neck a few years ago and everytime i moved my head a certain way or syrained my neck my head would hurt and felt like passing out. I think it is back. 2 days ago i was lying on the arm of the sofa well my head was and it has no padfing its all wood as soon as i got up to move my head got light and felt like i was going pass out only lasted about 30 seconds. Now fast forward to tonight i was lying on tje floor for 3 hours watching 2 movies with my hand on the side of my head elbow on the floor when i moved to get up same thing happened but only lasted 10 seconds. The first time i hurt it 2 years ago the doctor said i had 2 pinched nerves. Am i cutting the circulation off then its rushing back in because until i move my head its all good. Then after it passes god the strain on my neck and head. Now again i know no one is a dr im just looking to see if maybe someone else has this neck problem or someone they know does. Thanks

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Not sure what type of advice you are looking for but I would suggest you stop putting your neck in positions that aggravate the pinched nerve. If you want medical advice I'd suggest you give the diagnosing doctor a call.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have low blood pressure and will almost pass out if I get up from a laying or seated position too fast...my suggestion is move more slowly. The nerves are probably not aggravated by you lying down or standing up, but the transition between the two may be causing the problem as balance shifts, so transition at a slower pace.
  • gottagetitoff11
    gottagetitoff11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was just looking to see if it happened to anyone here before or still is.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have a pinched nerve in my neck and use one of those inflatable cervical neck traction pillows that I bought off amazon. Feels really good after I take it off. But you may want to check with your doctor before you use something like that to make sure you're not making it worse.