Weight loss standing still :(

Options
As I type this I am aware that chances are, my weight gain/not re-losing is stress related. ( Plus I binged a LOT one day ) Thoughts and opinions are welcome. A little back story, two weeks ago I was weighing in at 146, yay! Now i'm at 148/149 and the scale is not budging, not yay. What happened two weeks ago? Extended family happened, I always get extremely stressed out when family comes for a visit because I know that the visit is going to be less than fun. The day I found out they were coming I ate everything, everything! The next morning I was weighing in at 148 blaaaa. It's okay get back on track you can do this! Family decides not come over due to bad weather, wonderful the stress is slipping away, but wait they are coming, not coming, coming, never mind not coming. Rewind to last week, scale is still not moving despite my diet being on point. Rewind to 5 days ago, 7 am text from family, they are on the way and will arrive shortly! And now here we are still weighing between 148 and 149. My stress levels are still up there from the visit, my diet is still on point plus I have been mixing foods up trying to kick-start things. ( Eating less meat and more veggies, cutting out most bread and sugars ) I am also mixing up my workouts, trying to push past this stall. I have not binged again, but I have that feeling you know the one, the feeling of self doubt, the voice that says I never going to lose weight again so I might as well eat a house made of pizza and wash it down with a gallon of soda. -I am not going to binge-I can do this-I can lose the weight- Thanks for reading my very long story, writing it down helps me process my feelings.

Replies

• bshrom11
    bshrom11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can do this! If you are on track weighing/measuring and logging everything you eat you will start to see the scale move. Some weeks we can do everything right but the scale doesn't move, it happens. Don't beat yourself up! I'm also an emotional/stress eater and something I've read that really stuck with me is all of the problems/stress will still be there when you are done binging only they will be worse because you binged and that's gonna add to your stress. Chin up its a new day and you've got this!
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Really 2 weeks is not bad for a stall. Stress can cause all sorts of things to happen to the body.

Stay the course and the weight will start coming off again
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    My mother had heart surgery and I gained 10 pounds. Stress is horrible. It took me about 2 months to destress and get back on track. Don't stress about not losing just keep doing what you know works.
  • ajoyp
    ajoyp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @zenwildberry, first of all, one binge does not count... if you have been controlling your diet the rest of the time.

Have you figured out your normal calorie intake for your age, height and body weight and then subtracted the deficit for each day? If you do not know that number, find it out and memorize it (at least for now). This is an over simplification, but In theory at least, for every 500kcal reduction of food intake per day, you should see a 1 lb drop in body weight per week. I find other sites are better at helping you calculate this number.

In my case, did that and entered the results into myfitnesspal's nutrition goal section so now I know when I have exceeded that limit and can expect a negative change if I continued the same intake for a week or more.

I know with added stresses and social pressures, it is not easy to lose weight. Good luck to you. Stay on track and you will see results.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    2-3 pounds variation is normal. Water retention, food waste, ..., lots of things can do that. I can vary that much day to day, depending on what and how much I ate, whether and how hard I worked out, etc.