Struggling To Loose.

Options
BlueGEAR
BlueGEAR Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
So I have a very physical job. I deliver food products to customers. I start at 5a and usually work till 5p 4 times a week. I go up and down stairs with a hand cart with roughly 300 lbs of product. All that said I know I am getting strength training. However my scale keeps going up. I eat small healthy ( fiber, protein, smashed fruit bars usually averaging a total of 300-400 calories ) during the day and will eat a normal meal for supper ( 1100-1600 calories. I'm 34 and this morning I weighed in and was 218.9. I know I have gained muscle mass as the manual labor of the job is getting easier. What am I missing?

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    sounds like you're not hitting your deficit calorie count for the day, then you wont lose. you can't justify in your mind that you have a physical job and just ate a processed fruit bar during the day. You could be overeating your calorie limit in the evenings.

i'd find out how many calories you need to eat to lose weight for your age and weight.. then hit those numbers.

you work four days a week.. are you sitting on the couch the other days? look at your overall output of energy and input of calories.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    The scale is not the be all and end all. Have you taken measurements with a tape measure? Depending on your height 2000 calories may be fine for the days you work, but what of the other 3 days?
  • Drueru
    Drueru Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Also, because you are quite active its possible you have inflammation. Have you ever tried curcurmin? Get the highest dosage you can find and try those for a month! And remember to drink your water!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Start with weighing and logging everything you eat. Figure out how many calories you are truly eating in a day. Adjust from there.

atfk3cpd6nw9.jpg
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    look into eating your carbs during the day when you are working, and in the evening eat your fats and protein. stay away from processed foods and watch your sugars