new to MFP - Mommy of 3 boys - NEED TO 20 lbs!!! Who's with

Options
Hi Everyone,

i've been logging on to MFP for about two weeks now and so far and am throughly impressed with the site, the app, the information, and the community. I've already read quite a few of your stories and they are truly inspirational. As my subject line reads, I am a working mother with three young boys (5,3,and 1) and am looking to finally taking off these so called pregancy pounds!! Ha ha!

Anyone want to join in this battle with me???

Replies

• 3Heather24
    3Heather24 Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome! Everyone is really nice! :)
  • amy29fan
    amy29fan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family. I am a mother of 2 boys (18 & 7), and I want to lose 20 more lbs. I have lost 30, and its been a struggle. Good luck, and when you feel like giving up, just look to your fellow MFP friends for support. They have helped me alot....
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    We are all in the batttle with you just keep in touch.
  • tammyll3
    tammyll3 Posts: 44
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me!
  • keepinup
    keepinup Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've got three little ones too! All having birthdays this summer turning 6,4 & 1... =) I'm trying to lose 40 pounds and I'll definitely cheer you on on your way! welcome!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I still have a good 20 pounds to lose. I'm innnnn!
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM of 2 boys and I'm needing at LEAST 20 (that's what I'm shooting for, anyway. I was happy at 150 pounds.) to lose. I started MFP a week or so ago as well. I really love it, even if my body is fighting the diet (I've been tracking since the end of June, watching portions since the beginning of May, lost 14 pounds without trying and now that I'm trying, it's not coming off as fast... but I also wasn't working out, etc, so I know that makes a difference). If you are looking for friends, send me a request! :)
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Meeeeee! I have a 2 year old and 3 month old twins! I need to lose close to 30!
  • tonisemanskee
    Options
    Welcome! I've used mfp many times over the past 7 years-you know, 10 pounds up, 10 pounds down (or so!). This place is the absolute best for making us accountable. I'm back on the wagon myself, after having gained 15 pounds over the past two years-I live in seattle after living in CA most of my life and the weather makes me want to eat mac n cheese. So far, I'm down about 4-5 since I started working with mfp again. I would love to join you in this great challenge! you can friend me by my username-tonisemanskee-which happens to be my real name as well-I'm very creative-lol. I've never networked with others over the years, but this time I'm finding I need the support! :smile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    hi lexy, i have about 20 to go..well was 5 to go but I figured on pushing the envelope and stretching myself :-) please feel free to add me!
  • AlmaMC
    AlmaMC Posts: 7
    Options
    I have started using the phone application on Monday, and just now logged in to the web site. I am working full time, and have a 3 year old daugther. This looks like a great web site, with lots of information, and community support. I am trying to lose 30 pounds. Hopefully, this community will keep me motivated. :-)
  • sayra82
    sayra82 Posts: 2
    Options
    three kids here too.. need to loose 20 pounds to get to where i used to think i was fat. hahaha. oh how your perspective changes. different outlook now. add me if you want, im new too.
  • bostonbound85
    bostonbound85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I've had a lot of support through this site :)
  • bethalicia
    Options
    I have been on since May, and I have lost about 10 pounds. It really works! I took last week off from logging and gained 2 pounds back, so that's proof for me.

I am also a working mom with a house full of boys. I have 2 step sons (6, 5), 2 sons (4, 3), and my baby girl (9 months). So, I am working on those pregnancy punds too. Actually, these pounds are from the last 2 pregnancies. :blushing: I never tried after my second son was born. I would like to loose about 25 more.

I think you will find, as I have, that everyone on the site is helpful and eager to encourage. It has helped me to join a group, with everyone in an effort to push each other along. Reading about others successes and attempts is very motivating.

Feel free to add me!
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    I'm not a mother, but I do have 40lbs to lose. I have needed to lose it for the last 5 years but seem to lack motivation. I started a weight loss/fundraising challenge to help me stay motivated. So far I'm doing ok, but still have a long way to go. :-) Feel free to add me if you'd like. Good Luck.
  • lexi2526
    lexi2526 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • lexi2526
    lexi2526 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Everyone is really nice! :)
    Thank you :)