iPhone/iPad users: A great list of fitness apps!

Options
megteg
megteg Posts: 97 Member
Obviously MFP has the best nutrition tracking and community around, but this is a great list of a few apps that could help with improving fitness specifically:

http://lifehacker.com/5823380/turn-your-iphone-or-ipad-into-a-personal-trainer

My favorites are Runkeeper and the C25k app. I definitely have found a few more on this list I might try!

Replies

• MariaAlexandra
    MariaAlexandra Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information! :) The Karate Dojo looks really fun and entertaining! HAHA The Gym Buddy looks really organized and easy to use but for 2.99?! Gosh :(
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    awesome. I like Mapmyrun and 100 pushups. Mapmyrun is free. I'm gonna try that 8 minute abs.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    There's a Nike training ap for free that looks awesome!! Once you put in your accomplishments you unlock other workouts. The reviews were awesome. But I don't have enough room on my ipod so I haven't tried it out :( Boo
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I love runkeeper!!
  • rjyoung
    rjyoung Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I've already done c25k and c210k, and now I'm going to check out Gorilla Workout and 8 Minute Abs!
  • rjyoung
    rjyoung Posts: 17
    Options
    Map My Run is great! No more having to drive my routes to see how far they are! Haha!
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    BUMP
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love Runkeeper!! I use it for mountainbiking. I really love the way it GPS's out my route. There are some others that I use periodically that are really cool too. They are:

* All Fitness
    * Fast Food Calories
    * Ab workout

Lets keep adding to the list.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I am going to have to check a few of these out.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My favourites which I use regularly are
    iMapmyrun
    PushApp
    8 minutes abs
    Nike Training Club

I especially like the latter two

I have also used sixpack which I found really cool; it involves resting your iphone on your chest, doing a sit up, having the angle measured and then proceeding to do as many sit ups as possible in 10 minutes - you have to reach the original angle otherwise its not counted. I was loving it until the angle sensor seemed to stop working. Might try deleting and adding it again.

All of these apps are free
  • xydrella
    Options
    I am also a fan of C25K... Which is still hard on me; I've been on the first run for a week now! But I'll be keeping at it :)
    Another one that I really like, and is wicked cute and kind of silly is FitFu. You adjust your settings and it will send you a notification (mine is set to go 3 times a day) to get moving. It's various exercises that utilize the accelerometer in your iPhone to count reps. Try to beat your own records. Just fun, and why not let your phone nudge you into taking a quick break from whatever you are doing to but out a few sets of crunches or what nots!
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Love runkeeper...use it for hiking.
    Love daily ab workout... 5-10 min ab workout that u FEEL next day. Awesome!
    Thanks for posting this!
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    oh awesome, thanks!!!
  • irishredgirl70
    irishredgirl70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I'm gonna check my fitness apps now. I need all the inspiration I can get. Lol
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    bump - for later. Thanks!