Breastfeeding and Weightloss

Options
New baby, breastfeeding, weightloss, nutrition, and lifting.

Calories are essential, nutrition is also essential in keeping healthy while feeding baby. Appropriate calories needed? Typically an additional 500 a day, for me this translates into extra snacks of veggies and a fruit. Activity level at 1.5 weeks post partum is still lower than normal, but hoping after my appointment Friday I can do at the very least body weight exercises.

Currently working on a new meal plan to incorporate appropriate calories and new baby friendly supplements.

Anyone interested in support, nutritional sharing and conversation?

Replies

• aerytcl
    aerytcl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm still currently breastfeeding my 11 month old and struggling so bad to lose the last 10lbs of baby weight. I'm eating around 1500-1800 calories a day (depending on the day) and I do a body pump class 3-4 times per week and also do cardio at least 4 times a week as well. I've lost zero lbs since January doing this. I'm seeing a dietitian
    next week for some help!
  • ceeeevs
    ceeeevs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom to an 21mo old and an almost 6 week old. I'm currently breastfeeding, doing pilates 4-5xweek and eat 1500-1800 cals/day I've got 10lbs to go and the scale/measurements haven't budged on this regimen. For me it's the breastfeeding thats keeping the weight on but oh well, priorities (sigh).