Anyone have the Polar FT4 w/chest strap?

Options
rita27ny
rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
If you, do can you give me your feedback? I'm thinking of getting this but not sure if i should. It's the cheapest. Wondering if you guys think it's easy to use? I'm looking for something that is to easy to use and track my calories when I'm doing my TRX and kettlebell class.

Replies

• karlz87
    karlz87 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hello!!

I love my polar FT4.. had it for about a month and a half... its my first HRM and i dont know how i lived without it (OK.. so a bit over the top lol)
    I find it really easy to use.. press a button to start and then press a diferent one to pause, then the same again to stop... it really is that simple.

If you put polar FT4 in the search bar you will find loads of messages about this model.

:happy:
  • shikala
    shikala Posts: 9
    Options
    hi! FT4 is a very good starter HRM. I also made a research before buying it and i think so far is fine. No need to have something more complicated. :smile:
  • rita27ny
    Options
    Thank you! I think im going to get that. It's good for my budget. They have a polar f7 its a lot more money :(.

Did you guys buy it online and where?
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a couple weeks and I really like it. It is easy to use. I bought mine from Amazon for about $63.
  • rita27ny
    Options
    does your polar ft4 does it beep it beep when it goes above your target level?
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Yes it does - it's very light and sometimes I don't hear it because of outside noise (dvd etc).
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have the F4 and F6. I really like my F6 better. But either one is a great investment. (I really just like my F6 because my watch is PINK.)
  • texasrebel83
    texasrebel83 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and love it! You can turn off the beep, I did because it drove me crazy and I didn't want to annoy the people around me at the gym.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4. I bought it about three months ago. I love it. I helps me track things accurately, pushes me to work harder if I am slacking and reminds me to take a break if I am going way too hard. It works great for me. I bought mine at Sports Authority for $70. I have the beep on, but since the range is low I don't worry about the beep unless I am starting to feel like I am pushing it too hard. Then I check my HR. I actually keep it set on viewing my calorie burn more than anything else because I find that the most motivating. I often will try to push myself if I am doing the same workout to burn a few more calories than last time.
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and love it! You can turn off the beep, I did because it drove me crazy and I didn't want to annoy the people around me at the gym.

Oh thank god! I was looking at getting one of these but everything said it beeped and I was like....what if I don't WANT it to beep? How embarrassing to wear this to Yoga and have it beeping at me the whole time! A visual target is all I really need. I'm glad I did a search on the boards :)