Looking for motivational/support friends!

Options
Hello everyone!

Looking for some motivation/support buddies.
I have been overweight for almost all my life. I want this to change! I want to feel and look my best!

I am 5'5, I started at 202 pounds. Currently, I am sitting at about 190 pounds. My GW is 140.
At this point, I don't know how to get there. I found out recently that I enjoy running - but i run short of breath so easily (this gets me so mad! But i know i need to be patient). I'm considering the Couch to 5k program. I have also been doing some strength training here and there to increase my arm, core, and leg muscles.

This week, I went to the gym Monday-Thursday for 1.5 hours a day. I am really hoping to go everyday but I now feel like i'm losing motivation (-Again, gotta be patient! I see no real results but i do feel great)

As for food, I'm sort of lost here. As a student, its so difficult to maintain a consistent, simple, easy and quick food plan. i`m all over the place. I have cut back some of my sugar and carbs. Eating more green/protein!

I would really like to lost 15-20 pounds by summer (may/june!). Excited to see my before/after pics if i can make it!
Anyone in the same boat?

Let's be friends, add me!!

Replies

• Neckita
    Neckita Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I will add you! Just stay active, eat clean and enjoy the ride! :) You will be at your goal weight in due time, but don't be too hard on yourself if you lose some motivation here and there. I have to remind myself that fitness and health is a life long journey
  • Sindbad1985
    Sindbad1985 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a Ph.D. student, same height as you, 5 by 5. I started weight loss programs last August when my weight was 206lbs, and my BMI was Obese. Since that August I decided to lose weight. I did hip hop abs for three months, Cize workout for one month, and currently, i'm doing Insanity Max 30. All these workouts are in-home DVD workouts. Now my weight is 168lbs.
    So take my advice and do what I do, do one of the workouts above or visit the Beachbody website to see their other programs. They have on demand one-month free trial, so you can see what suits you. Feel free to add me. Good luck.
  • debbiebondklein
    debbiebondklein Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me . we can share recipes and be there to help eachother
  • try_harderG
    try_harderG Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm suggesting you don't need the gym everyday. Doing something out of the gym to keep you motivated?
  • slimmint
    slimmint Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...we both have same goal weight
  • sexyjacky
    sexyjacky Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also looking for friends to help motivate me and to help each other on track.. I've been on this app several times but this is the first time I looked into the community part and I think it would be helpful to have someone to talk to & just to keep each other on the right path to getting healthier and I also want to lose some weight by summer :-) you can add me if you'd like.
  • ZobiaQureshi
    ZobiaQureshi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm suggesting you don't need the gym everyday. Doing something out of the gym to keep you motivated?

Hey! What are some example of doing things out of the gym?!
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    U can add me. I have some insight that i think will help.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    For some reason I can't seem to add you.

So add me!

I'm in my 6th week of C25K and I absolutely love it!
  • DeseeBoo
    DeseeBoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi im really looking for some motivation ive lost 8 pounds in 3 months but i feel all alone in doing this. I just need someone to give me the motivation and support i need
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Supportive friend here! Active on MFP daily, feel free to add me!

I'm 5'3, 19 years old and started at 181lbs. I'm currently 139lbs and my goal is 120-125lbs.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Also, I can't recommend C25K enough! I couldn't jog for 60 seconds this time last year... now, thanks to the program, I run for 40 minutes 3 times a week! I'm a runner... who'd have ever thought I'd say that?!