I just ran 8 minutes! In a row! Twice!

Options
Pangea250
Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
I am just amazed at my progress lately with C25K. If I didn't actually *do* the 8 minute run myself, I wouldn't have believed me if I told myself what I had done. I would have said, "Self, you must be losing your mind!"

It wasn't that long ago (3 months) that I was barely making 60 seconds and wondering how in the world I would do the next week when I had to run for 90 seconds. Go me!

Replies

• corduroyveins
    corduroyveins Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's awesome :) Makes me want to try the C25K!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I always call my mom after to tell her about my run. I'm always impressed. I don't look to see how much time I've got left on the running portion I try to guess...I'm always wrong, I guess I have to run longer than I need to and I kind of startle at the sound of the beep.

Well done! You got it!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!! GO YOU IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    OMG, you're so cute!!!! WTG!!! You're a beast!
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! I wish I could enjoy running. I started C25K in early March, made it to week 4, then it snowed too much to run in. Now it's way too hot - planning to try again in the fall, but I can't get past the knee pain. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS on your progress!!!
  • EllenSBry
    EllenSBry Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just did that yesterday and I know exactly how you feel. Goes to show you that your body is getting stronger and stronger, and sometimes your mind has to catch up!
  • lauram1153
    lauram1153 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! your excellent keep it up x
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great job! I always used to text hubby as soon as I finished my run. I completed the C25K end of May and ran the 5K Race for Life in July. I have just started the Bridge to 10K and started doing interval training to try and get my speed up - I am very slow!!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    SAME HERE!! It surprises the hell outta you, right?! that's great that you're making such great progress! I just love when people say they could never run more than a minute say that they can now run forever. :)
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    AWESOME!!! You are good. You motivate me to run today.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Helendec1962
    Options
    wtg keep up the good work!!
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I tried to be a runner a couple times with no luck...I've been wanting to try the C25K program to get me into it. Thanks for posting so I know it'll work!
    Congrats!:smile:
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just did week 5 day 2 last night too and I felt the same way you did! Congrats to you! I know how great of an accomplishment it is. Best of luck to you through the rest of it.
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I remember thinking the same thing they day I did that run. Today I will be on W7D2. Wait til you get there! Honestly I never thought I could run for 8 mins straight let a lone 25. But you are gonna be so surprised on what you will be able to do. Great job! It's an amazing accomplishment!
  • wildside79
    wildside79 Posts: 46
    Options
    That first 20 minute run I absolutely hated... until I was done and proved that I could do it. My first 5k was just over two weeks ago and I completed in under 26 min. Starting bridge to 10k next, but trying to mix in some faster 5ks (want to try to get to about 24 minutes). Great job, I swear by that program.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!