Buying a new scale, Help please :)?

Options
For a bathroom scale.

Been using a crappy old one its solid and works but iv decided its time to get a digital scale tht can beter show the proper numbers as im getting a lower weight and its hard to see a proper trend with lower number losses.

Need help, What should i look for in my new scale any extra bonuses that are good to have? Iv heard about scales with bluetooth? Any suggestions on a specific scale? Which do you use? Any info is appreciated honestly.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm in for answers as I recently bought a Weight Watchers digital one and they are Cr@p! they need recalibrated every single weigh in or they remember the weight I was from previous weigh in.
    I did have a great pair of Salter digital ones though! not sure why I didn't stick with that brand! Doh!
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I bought a cheapie, Starfrit Balance scale, probably at Wallymart, and it works like a charm. It's glass so kind of stylish but dead accurate in that it never varies and always agrees with the gym scales and the doctor's office. I've tested it several times with various freeweights over the last couple of years and it always comes up the same.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing great things about the Taylor scale, but in regards to accuracy I've been readings withings is good but it's about expensive. You can find Taylor scales at Walmart for like $20 or less. I've also heard on amazon the Eat smart precision scale is pretty great.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I've had this one for the past couple of years and have found it to be very accurate (when compared to a doctor's office). It's not bluetooth, but that doesn't bother me. The price was right.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have the Weight Gurus Bluetooth scale and I love it. It syncs your weight automatically to it's app, and then you can set it up to record the weight on MyFitnessPal/Fitbit/etc for you. Also measures some other things like body fat/BMI/etc. It was $60 on Amazon :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N9ENKDI
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I'm in for answers as I recently bought a Weight Watchers digital one and they are Cr@p! they need recalibrated every single weigh in or they remember the weight I was from previous weigh in.
    I did have a great pair of Salter digital ones though! not sure why I didn't stick with that brand! Doh!

well that explains the issues I have with my WW scale :(
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    kay no WW scales im hearing makes me glad i asked. thanks for the advice guys!
  • lauralee328
    lauralee328 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love my Aria that coordinates with my Fit Bit and My Fitness Pal. It was pricey, but so worth it.