Hello

Options
Hi everyone

I am new to mfp. I am trying to loose weight I have tried sw but I loose so much and then the pressure of the numbers on the scales and I end up putting weight on. I have joined a local gym so I am doing classes and doing mfp. Let's hope I don't get bored, and hope I can make some friends along the way. I struggle with breakfast what do you guys have for breakfast. Whatever your journeys hope they are successful ones xx

Replies

• justcallmedave
    justcallmedave Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck, I'm using LCHPGF and getting results.
  • DanSanthomes
    DanSanthomes Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome.

How about taking measurements as well as weighing. You'll find your numbers might go up on the scales sometimes but the tape measure will go down. Combine the two by weighing and measuring once a week (morning, without clothes etc.) and log it in MFP or on a spreadsheet. You'll be able to see your progress and it should help keep you on track.

Also, on the subject of breakfast. When i was struggling to hit my calorie deficit I decided to cut out breakfast (I just have a coffee and a protein shake now). As I have a desk job, this kept me going until lunch time and allowed me to lose my pound a week, every week.

Best of luck.
  • yummymummy130911
    yummymummy130911 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome.

How about taking measurements as well as weighing. You'll find your numbers might go up on the scales sometimes but the tape measure will go down. Combine the two by weighing and measuring once a week (morning, without clothes etc.) and log it in MFP or on a spreadsheet. You'll be able to see your progress and it should help keep you on track.

Also, on the subject of breakfast. When i was struggling to hit my calorie deficit I decided to cut out breakfast (I just have a coffee and a protein shake now). As I have a desk job, this kept me going until lunch time and allowed me to lose my pound a week, every week.

Best of luck.

Thanks for that. My job is nearly 80% desk work. Do you make ur own protein shakes