My weight keeps going up no matter what?

I've been jogging, and walking. Eating 1500 calories and according to my scale I'm 148.2 pounds and I'm 5'5 (last summer my diet was the same and my work out the same and I was 138) I don't look like I'm 150 pounds almost and I don't have a ton of muscle that makes up that weight. (My scale is a 20$ digital one from Walmart) I know everyone says I'm actually eating more, or they'll insert that little chart in the comments but I'm at a loss. I don't know how I haven't been able to lose weight in almost a year and then put on 10 pounds when everything has been the same.

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    You know what people are going to say, but have you utilized the methods commonly mentioned such as a food scale?

I'm on mobile, so I can't see your diary, but you would probably have the best luck opening it up so others can take a look.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    When did you start running again? When did you start eating at 1500 calories?
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    It also sounds like your Ina healthy weight range so you have a smaller margin of error when tracking in a deficit. Are you sure your logging is tight? And you aren't having calorie creep?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    It also sounds like your Ina healthy weight range so you have a smaller margin of error when tracking in a deficit. Are you sure your logging is tight? And you aren't having calorie creep?

Same height as me, yep, top end of a healthy BMI.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Someone needs to ask this one- is there any chance you are pregnant?

I'm in a snarky mood. My cats knocked a glass of water on me at 6:30AM.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Are you fatter than you were last year? Maybe just get a different scale.
  • VVVeeVee
    VVVeeVee Posts: 22 Member
    have you recently changed or stopped the pill?

I gained 6 pounds from one day to the next from stopping the pill. Didn't go away either. I had to work it off
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    I had Chinese dinner and put on 5 pounds! OMG