I passed the girl scout cookie test

Options
After swim practice this morning, on the way out of the building, someone was selling girl scout cookies. I said no thank you and walked away.

So proud of myself.

I know that I cannot just eat one or two cookies and be good. I will eat the whole stinking box.

I don't eat refined sugar. I know there will be a time where I will have a piece of cake or a cupcake, but not now. Especially after a great practice this morning!

Replies

• mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I failed two weeks ago lol!! So proud of you!
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I stopped buying Girl Scout cookies, not so much because of the temptation but because of the cost. I use to be a Girl Scout leader and the cookie sales was the most difficult thing for the girls to do and the troops received very little money from their efforts. I can get a package of cookies at the grocery store that is very much like my two favorites, Thin Mints and Samoas, for much less when I feel the burning urge to have a cookie!
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Same here, I can't afford them
  • caitlinj406
    caitlinj406 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My mom just told me she's sending me a box of them. I will eat them all, but hopefully not in two days. Wish me luck.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    I think it's impossible to walk by smiling little girls with sweets who are basically trying to raise money for a good cause. I don't even try. I buy some from the first girls who ask me then I can honestly tell all the other ones I already bought some. Then I eat them all.

You can also donate the $5 and have them send them to the troops.
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a big feat in my opinion.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Especially after a great practice this morning!

this is the thing that i like. when what you're doing on the workout front gives a context to what you're trying to do on the self-restraint front. it's nice when it comes together like that.

with that said, i never really got the religion for oreos or the g.s. cookies. haribo gummy bears are how i relate to your victory.
  • ahuk123
    ahuk123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I was seriously tempted. First year in a long time I didn't buy any of those addicting cookies.
  • hannahontheleftcoast
    hannahontheleftcoast Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think it's impossible to walk by smiling little girls with sweets who are basically trying to raise money for a good cause. I don't even try. I buy some from the first girls who ask me then I can honestly tell all the other ones I already bought some. Then I eat them all.

You can also donate the $5 and have them send them to the troops.

That's what I do, I give them a dollar or two instead of buying a box
  • mlbish624
    mlbish624 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I failed finding Girl Scouts to buy some from... The quest for Smores cookies continues!

Chef_Barbell, you're really not missing that much!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I just walked by a table selling Girl Scout cookies in the foyer of my local Walmart. Little green innocent-looking devils! (The girls, not the cookies!)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    mlbish624 wrote: »
    I failed finding Girl Scouts to buy some from... The quest for Smores cookies continues!

Chef_Barbell, you're really not missing that much!

Meh I like to support the girls anyway. *shrug*
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Shhhh... I'm hiding from the Girl Scouts. Don't tell them where I am.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Those moments are awesome :smile: I don't believe in depriving myself of the things I enjoy but I do avoid the things I know I will destroy!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I did buy 3 boxes a few weeks ago but they're still sitting on my counter, unopened :)
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I was asked by 3 people to buy from their adorable, little girls ... I passed them ALL UP!! If it's not in my house, I will not eat it!!!
  • farmgirl1677
    farmgirl1677 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I didn't buy any this year either, even though I was asked to purchase some from a couple of very sweet girls. I knew if I bought them, I would not be able to eat just one cookie, and end up eating the whole box.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I still fail, we have two boxes left in the house. I try to give them away to grandchildren when I see them hah! I also bought some extra from someone else, and when they came in I gave them the money, told them to keep the cookies on me. ;P But I've eaten quite a few lately still.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, OP!!

I have to admit, I have not been as successful. I only passed a Girl Scout once without buying any. Because I didn't have any cash on me, lol. I have been trying to be strict with myself about how many I eat at once, though. Like one a day. Unfortunately my favorite kind is also one of the flavors that has the most calories (the Samoas.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!