Does mfp automatically change your numbers when you lose weight?

Options
Hello everyone,

As in the title... when you drop weight, does mfp account for this with your daily figures or do you have to do it manually?

If manually how often do you do it? I've lost 16lbs now, should I re-enter my stats and see if it changes my calorie goal or is that not needed until more weight has been lost?

Thanks!

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Every 10 lbs. Today I accidentally put in the wrong weight and when it recalculated to 1200 calories then I knew something was wrong. :lol: You can go into My Home > Settings > Update diet/fitness profile and it will have you update yoru settings there.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't do it automatically, I have to remember to go in and reconfirm my goals periodically.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    And yeah, about every 10lbs.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    When you update your current weight using Progress (on the app) or Check-In (on the web), MFP does not automatically recalculate your daily Calorie goal. If you continue to update your current weight under Progress or Check-In, MFP will only prompt or ask you if you want to update your Goals when there has been a total of 10 pounds lost since the last time you updated your Goals.

​Please see this article, and search for answers to Frequently Asked Questions and other helpful articles, on the MFP Help/FAQ pages...

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/280597-will-my-goals-change-if-my-weight-changes-
  • RosieS_1980
    RosieS_1980 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)