Hello! Excited to start again!

Options
I am retired now so going to make a fresh start at healthy living. I'm over 60. Has anyone been successful who is older? Judging from the pictures it looks like most people that use my fitness are much younger. I did not see a forum dedicated to senior adults, but we do have challenges that a 30-year-old would not have. :)

Replies

• sheiladyke1948
    sheiladyke1948 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, totally agree most users of mfp are o the younger side but hey, I'm not! I am late 60s, need to lose 42lb, o a long way to go. Can older people do that, yes they can. I know of 3 people in their 60s who have lost a lot of weight, wish I was one of them! Perhaps we could support each other? I am very low on willpower, so struggle but want this year to be the one when I actually achieve my much needed loss. I am starting again from tomorrow. Good luck, Sheila
  • fleta1217
    fleta1217 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to starting Day 4 tomorrow but I haven't started any exercise yet and really need to start that. Yes, let's encourage each other.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Yes 69 been on MFP for over theee years and lost 50lb. Age is no barrier. Good luck you can absolutely do this