What's a healthy weight for a 5 ft female?

Options
I've seen different numbers. I'm 140 and I'm trying to get down to at most 120.

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for between 110-118, however, I want to strength training for muscle, and it is entirely possible to weigh more but look slimmer. I'll be happy at a higher weight as long as I am comfortable with my figure, comfortable in clothes, and able to be as active as I want to be.

So the number is maybe less important. I started at 147, currently at 124. Physically I LOOK like I could lose another 20 lbs or so, but that doesn't interest me.
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for about 120, but I'm extremely curvy, so any less would likely not look great on me, especially because I do a considerable amount of strength training. Top of the normal BMI for our height is 128.
  • hannys
    hannys Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My current goal is 115 lbs.
    Once I get closer to that (currently at 152), I'll re-evaluate and decide where I want to go.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 0 and exaggerated hourglass shape. I like myself best at 95lb-100lbs.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I think it depends a lot on your body type. One of my ex's was a shade under 5' and she had narrow hips and a tiny frame and was pretty much perfect at around 105.