New to mfp, looking for help!

Options
Hey I'm brad!

From the Detroit metro area, just downloaded mfp. Went to college and constant eating and partying got me an education and an extra 100 pounds lol. Recently single and ready to get the body ive always wanted and get my confidence back! Been watching what I eat and getting in the gym for a couple months now and I'm down 75 pounds! Hit a plateau, so I'm tracking exactly what I eat and weight training 5 days a week

Any encouragement/stories/ideas/recipes are greatly appreciated! This last bit seems to be the most difficult to lose by far

Replies

• Ittybitty_beast
    Ittybitty_beast Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would say change up your training routine and do a little tweak on your eating. Sometimes all we need is to give our body something different to get it going again. Great job on loosing those 75 ponds man. That is really inspiring. Keep up the great work. Good luck.
  • bradmlucas12
    bradmlucas12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Changed it from 3 days a week push/pull/legs to now 5 days to really try and build muscle. Definitely wasn't getting enough protein and way too many carbs before. Been researching A LOT since I hit this plateau, hopefully rearranging my diet and bumping up exercise will get me over the hump! B)
  • ryfaltas
    ryfaltas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been working on the muscle build myself lately, and the diet has been a huge part of it. Actually the reason I decided to use mfp is the macro counter. Keep adjusting those values until you find a diet that works for you and just be consistent! You can do it!
  • bradmlucas12
    bradmlucas12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Macros is the main reason I'm here too! Heard about mfp on enough fitness YouTube channels and figured I'd give it a shot. Community section was something I did not know about but am definitely enjoying! Thanks for the encouragement! :)